60. And then, all hell broke loose

Comments and votes are appreciated!
———

I always enjoyed back to back races, especially when in one of my favourite countries. The scenery of Austria amazed me ever since I visited the country for the first time and besides that, we went on holidays here when both Sophia and I were younger. Back when our dad didn't cheat on mum yet. It was a long story, but shortly said, the guy got a midlife crisis and he just ditched his family to live in Bonaire. He died, so karma has gotten him before I could properly hurt his feelings unfortunately. Back to more things that left me stunned in this country, the castles, the lakes the mountains. Oh yes, the mountains, the enormous peaks covered in snow, looking like Bob Ross had painted them, actually, the whole landscape could be painted by Bob Ross and obviously, I didn't complain about that, being one of his biggest fans.

I leaned against a garage and I had view over everything happening here in the paddock, I had sight on the motorhomes of the top three teams, but I couldn't be bothered to watch the buildings. To waste some time I went online shopping and just before I proceeded to check out, a loud and familiar voice caused me to flinch and shove my phone in the pocket of my jeans. "You with me, now!" Kate pointed her finger at me and came up to me in a quick walking pace.

My eyes widened, this wasn't the first time a girl stormed up to me with furrowed brows and hands clenched into fists, but I had no clue what I had done to Kate that she was mad at me. "Kate, what happened?" I asked, but she ignored me and grabbed me by my wrist. She dragged me all the way into the Ferrari garage

"I just got fired!" She said. I raised my brows and gasped. I opened my mouth to say something, but she shushed me. "Shut the fuck up, you never have anything useful to say so if I will boil your teeth if you open that mouth of yours." I swallowed once and then looked around me, wondering what the fuck I was doing here and also the fact that Kate got fired played in my mind. "Okay let me explain," she sighed, not calming down the slightest bit, "that bitch called Mattia fired me because he thinks I'm not faithful to the team."

I furrowed my brows. Kate literally was the one making this car the way it was now, absolutely amazing, one of the quickest out there! The engine, the one also used in our car, had to be proven to be the fastest one on the straights. How could Mattia possibly believe Kate didn't have her priorities at Ferrari?

"Okay so I might have sabotaged Charles his car in Monaco," She mumbled, my eyes widened. I already thought it was a coincidence he didn't finish the race. "But that is all because of you! I couldn't break the girl code."

"The girl code doesn't say sabotage the car of your friend's ex because he cheated," I answered. Kate rolled her eyes. "That's still not a reason to fire someone though, you have done more for this team than Mattia ever has."

"Is that a smart answer? Coming from you?" Kate asked. I shrugged, she didn't kill me so I must have said something right. "That's new," she scratched her neck and then looked around a little. I got instructed to wait here and she walked into Charles his side of the garage.

I felt a little uncomfortable after she left me behind and I stood here for the past five minutes. I had no clue if she still walked around in this building. I stated at my toes and looked up when I noticed a glimpse of red walking in my direction. I burst out in laughter when I saw it was Charles, I have never seen him look this frightened. "Search shelter if you want to survive Daisy, Kate has gone crazy. Take my hand." He reached out, but I turned the other way. "It's not like I'm asking to marry you or something! I'm trying to safe your life here!"

I forced a smile and then looked over Charles his shoulder. Kate's heels clicked on the linoleum floor. Charles heard that as well and his eyes widened, grabbing my shoulders as he started to use me as his human shield. "Where the fuck do you think you're going!" Kate shouted. "I'm not done with you, French boy!"