PROLOGUE - A NEW HOPE

After training his sister, Leia, and watching her get married to his best friend, Luke couldn't help but feel alone. He was only 25, but there was so much pressure on him. He was the Last Jedi. The last of a dying breed and it became his duty to serve, protect, and keep the balance his family died to set right.

The galaxy knew him as the Jedi hero that slew the evil Sith Lord, Darth Vader. Some called him the Chosen One. Luke and Leia swore never to share with the galaxy that it was Vader himself that killed Darth Sidious, and Vader's true identity. People wouldn't understand. Luke mourned for his father, a man he barely knew. He grieved for Uncle Ben, Hal and Beru. He missed Master Yoda. With all that Luke had lost, he only became more connected to the Force. He was the Chosen One's son. Luke was not a normal Jedi.

Leia did her Jedi training but after her vision of her son's death, she turned away from the Jedi ways. She learned that her anger was not something she could control as Luke could. She was her father's daughter, as much as she fought it and refused to accept it. Luke and Leia were most divided on one subject, Anakin. She couldn't forgive him for his part in the destruction of her homeworld. Nevertheless, after the birth of Leia and Han's son, Ben, named after Obi-Wan (Ben) Kenobi, they were a big happy family.

Within the 20 years of the fall of the Empire, Leia and Luke worked viscously to rid the planets of the Empire and keep the New Republic afloat. The galaxy was in chaos but the planets were starting to work together again. There was peace. During this time, Luke met a woman named Mara Reeves. An ex-bounty hunter turned plane mechanic. She was strong with the Force but no trained Jedi. Luke and Mara's paths kept crossing, intertwining. Luke suddenly wasn't so lonely. It was inevitable what was to come. Mara had their child on Naboo. A baby girl she named Mae. Luke wasn't there for Mae's birth, but he felt it across the galaxy. Mara wasn't alone giving birth to Mae either. Anakin Skywalker was there this time, through the Force. He never saw the birth of his own children, but he made sure to be there for his grandchildren. The Force was strong with both Ben and Mae, and their potential in the Force was unforeseeable.

Mae would never grow up like a normal child, being, the child of Luke Skywalker. Luke saw the impacts of this fame in Ben Solo. Ben was being watched all the time by politicians, criminals and everyone alike. So, Luke and Mara came to a decision. Mae was to grow up on Naboo with her mother. Away from the politics of Hosnian Prime, and the eyes of the public.

Mae would be told no lies about who she was, who her family were but she would go by her mother's maiden name in public.

Mae was another secret in the Skywalker family.