22 - THE JEDI MUST LIVE

(Song: DNA - Kendrick Lamar & Wait - M83)

The Masters throw everything they got at Mae. She stands in the centre as they circle around her, Anakin's lightsaber, what she called The Skywalker Saber, in her hand. She has been training for hours and days on end. She couldn't really tell the time, or how long she had been with the Jedi of the Past.

"TO BREAK YOUR CURSE YOU MUST FIGHT THE DARKNESS WITHIN YOU!"
Mae is pushed back into the middle of the training arena, by Master Shaak Ti and Master Adi Gallia.

"YOU LIKED KILLING THE FIRST ORDER TROOPERS!"
Knight Aayla Secura yells as Mae flips over a rock being hurled at her. She lands with one hand on the ground, lightsaber pointing to the side, her body weight on one leg as her other is stretched out.

"POWERFUL, YOU FELT."
Mae shakes her head. As Master Yoda steps into the light to force push her back. Mae's feet shift, but she does not fall. Yoda chuckles as he steps back into the darkness.

"YOU LET THE SITH IN!"
Master Kit Fitso sends another boulder flying at Mae and she cuts through it with the lightsaber.

"YOU'RE A RISK!"
Kanan Jarrus steps out from behind her and swings his sabre at her. She blocks it and force pushes him back.

"WITH THIS POWER, YOU COULD MAKE TO SAME MISTAKES AS YOUR FAMILY BEFORE YOU!"
Master Anakin Skywalker lifts Mae off the ground and throws her back with the Force. She falls into a roll and moves in ready to attack, but he's already gone.

"SKYWALKERS ARE UNPREDICTABLE AND TOO DANGEROUS TO BE ALLOWED TO LIVE!"
Mace Windu yells at Mae, and the room spins. It magically spins into a different setting. Their location is now the desert of Tatooine. Hot and dry. He swings at her with his lightsaber and she dodges. She blocks his strike then kicks him back.

"That's a lie. You failed us first!" Mae points her sabre to Master Windu before he steps back into the darkness.

"YOU HOLD ON TO YOUR NEGATIVE FEELINGS!"

Master Luminara sends a tornado of sand at Mae. In which Mae force pushes and stops it from clouding her. She stands alone in the sand.

"YOU MUST LET GO OF YOUR PAIN, OF YOUR HATE."

Master Ki-Adi-Mundi yells.

"I don't hate anyone!"
She yells back into the darkness and hears Yoda's laugh.

"HATE YOURSELF, YOU DO."
Mae grips the handle harder.

"YOU PUT THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU IN DANGER!"
She hears Ahsoka's voice.

"END THEM, YOUR CHOICES COULD." Yoda's voice finishes.
Mae thought of Caleb. She thought of Ahsoka.

Ahsoka jumps in front of her from behind and they engage in a short duel. Mae sweeps her leg and kicks Ahsoka's legs from under her. Ahsoka throws her hands up to yield, smiles and disappears.

"Forgive yourself."  She hears Ahsoka's voice quietly like it's the wind. Mae looks at the lightsaber in her hands.

"I have. I have forgiven myself."

Mae turns around, to look for the Masters. Everything is dark. A voice calls down to her from the top of a sand dune. The sun is slowly rising behind him.

"ARE YOU YOUR FATHER'S DAUGHTER, MY DEAR? CAN YOU DO WHAT IS REQUESTED OF YOU?" Master Obi-Wan Kenobi force grabs her lightsaber out of her hand and takes it in his own. Smiling cheekily, the old man stands on the top of a hill. Mae smiles at him then sends him off it, toppling backwards with a huge force push.