THE FINAL CHAPTER - HOME

(Song: The Rise of Skywalker Theme - Samuel Kim)

"Attention. People of the Republic. I am General Poe Dameron of the Resistance, beside me is General Finn. This is an important message for the entire galaxy.

The First Order has fallen."

"The war is officially declared over, we repeat The First Order has fallen."

[Poe and Finn leave the projection.]

[Mae wearing a long white dress steps into the projection.]

"I am Mae Skywalker. I am the daughter of Luke Skywalker and niece of General Leia Organa. I've been asked to speak on behalf of the Resistance and for my family.

To the people of the Republic, all planets, all moons, and stars in between, now is the time to come together and restore peace to the galaxy. We have lost so many in this war but we must be strong. We must keep fighting for those we have lost. It will not be easy. The road to peace will be challenging but I can promise you that I will keep fighting too.

The Force is within every single one of you as it is within me. It surrounds us, guides us, and binds the galaxy together. Together we will find the light in the darkness and together hope will never be lost."

"May the Force be with you,"

[Mae smiles.]

"Always."

Rey stood looking at the setting twin suns on Tatooine. BB-8 beeped a little beside her. She looked down at the droid and saw him looking behind them. Rey turned her head to see a young woman no older than her. Rey stood there in the setting sun confused. Who was this woman?  Rey looked up and down at the woman trying to understand. She wore a white dress, with a long white cloak. 
"Hello?"

"Hello, Rey." Rey's eyes widened at the sound of the woman's voice. She had heard it before on Exegol, in her time of need. She heard it in a dream the night she found BB-8. She once thought it was her mother's but it was not.

Rey stuttered, "Y-your voice. I've heard it before. Do I know you?" The woman removed her white hood to reveal her silver hair that shined in the setting suns and a pair of very familiar blue eyes. The young woman was not a year older than her. She did know her.

"My name is Mae. Mae-"

"Skywalker." They spoke at the same time. Mae smiled a tired but kind smile. Rey looked into Mae's blue eyes and saw her Masters.

Mae walked towards Rey noticing the curious look on her face and patted BB-8 on the head. Mae takes in Rey's features. She was beautiful. She had a determined look, strong cheekbones, and her dark brown hair put into little buns.

"Did you come for the lightsabers? I buried them, but I guess they belong with you." Rey asks as she looks to the place she buried them in the sand. The Skywalker Saber. Mae follows the direction of her gaze to the sand. She holds back a laugh, what a place to lay the lightsaber to rest. Tatooine. Harsh desert storms, sand everywhere. A simple moisture farm in the middle of nowhere, belonging to no one. It was the place where it all started. Where the lightsaber called home.

"Why did the lightsaber speak to her? It could've been anyone in the entire galaxy and yet it was a Palpatine."

"She was a young survivor on a desert planet, dreaming of travelling the galaxy. Dreaming of a family. It matters not where one is from, the only thing that matters is what's in there."

Anakin pointed to Mae's heart.

"She's one of us in there."

Mae smiled kindly and seriously, "No, I came here because I had a feeling you'd be here, Rey Skywalker."

"Oh, I-" Rey started to stutter out. Mae could feel her worry. Worry, that Mae wouldn't accept her.

"It's your's Rey. The name. Family are the people in our lives that make us stronger, believe in us and give us hope. Luke and Leia want you to have it, and I do too."

Rey lunges forward and grabs Mae in a tight hug. Mae was shocked but hugged Rey back. When Mae's hand touched Rey's back, Rey finally felt Mae's Force signature. Her strong signature. It was so strong Rey almost cried. In Mae's arms, she felt Leia, Luke, Han, and Ben. She felt her family. The only family she's ever known and the people who took her in and made them one of her own. She felt a sense of belonging that she deeply desired her whole life. Luke, Leia and Han were the closest things she had to her parents her entire life. Mae could tell, it wasn't really about the name, it was about who helped her become the person she was today. Without her 'made-family', Rey would still be the lonely girl hopelessly waiting for no one on Jakku. The Force guided her to them, and the Skywalker's made her one of their own.

"Thank you," Rey says as she breaks the hug and a happy tear falls down her cheek. Mae looks at Rey's face and wipes the tear away with her finger.

"You were never alone."

Mae takes Rey's left hand in her right and closes her eyes. Rey looks at her with confusion. Mae takes a deep breath. Rey feels the energy moving towards her, through Mae's hands.

"What's happening?" Then Rey sees it. A hand on Mae's shoulder, glowing blue, just like how Rey saw Luke and Leia only moments ago. She looks up at the face of a man. It was Anakin Skywalker. He smiles at her kindly, then nods his head to indicate Rey to look behind her. She turns her head to see all the Jedi who spoke to her on Exegol. She sees Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Kanan Jarrus, Qui-Gon Jin, Ahsoka Tano and many more. She sees Luke and Leia. Han is with them, leaning on Luke's shoulder. Leia and Luke made Han a Force ghost with them, it would only make sense. She smiles but she is looking for someone else. Her eyes scan the Jedi then she sees him walking out from behind Han and Leia. His face was younger, with no scars. It's just Ben. He smiles at her. It brought her peace, to know he was at peace.

Mae opened her eyes to look at her family one last time and slowly the Force Ghosts start fading away into the air. Mae smiles slightly at Ben. Forgiveness. He smiles back at her with thankful eyes.

As the Force Ghost begins to fade away. Caleb, Artoo and Threepio walk toward the women from behind the small moisture farm. A man wearing a tan leather jacket walks with them. It's Finn, he had joined them. They smile at Rey and Mae. It was a new generation of Jedi.

Mae feels Anakin's hand leave her shoulder, and she turns to face him. Mae looks behind her to see Anakin walking towards a woman in a blue dress. She had long brown curls with blue flowers in them. It was his love. She reaches out a hand for him to take, and he takes it. Gently. Slowly fading in what's left of the setting sun, they look at each other. Finally, they could truly find peace together again. Holding each other close, they look into each other's eyes.

The second sun disappears below the horizon and they are gone.

Mae wipes a happy tear from her eye as she turns back to Rey.

Rey is stunned, eyes wide. She smiles and whispers to Mae, "Thank you."

Rey looks back towards the homestead, where their friends wait for them to join them, then she looks back at the shorter girl. "I have so many questions to ask you. So many questions about everything."

Mae nods her head, "I know. Let's start from the beginning. The droids and I will tell the story to everyone." Mae pulls Rey toward the homestead of the moisture farm. Towards their new family. Together, they walked towards a new beginning.

"Are you sure you don't want the lightsaber?" Rey giggles. Mae smiles and shakes her head.

"No. It's home now."

The end.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝕃𝕖𝕘𝕒𝕔𝕪 - 𝔸 𝕊𝕋𝔸ℝ𝕎𝔸ℝ𝕊 𝕊𝕋𝕆ℝ𝕐 🎉