11- I'VE GOT A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS

(Song: Something In the Way - Nirvana and Cold Cold Cold - Cage The Elephant)

She stands in the middle a red thrown room. Red guards are all around her. Supreme Leader Snoke sits on a throne in front of her.

"Hmm. My powerful apprentices. Soon to be Master Sith Lords. Soon to be as powerful as Lord Vader. Potential for so so much more." Snoke's voice was loud and harsh. Every word feeling like a headache.

Mae looked to her side, a little behind her to see Kylo Ren wearing his mask, he started to bow to Snoke.

"Ah, the mighty Kylo Ren. I see in you rage and desire. I see raw, untamed power, and beyond that, something special. The potential of your blood line." He laughs, "A new Vader."

Chills run down Mae's spine.

Kylo keeps his head down.

Snoke turns his attention to Mae. He smiles wickedly. "Kneel to me, Mae Skywalker. Join your cousin. Follow in your his footsteps. Become my new apprentice."

No. This isn't real.

Mae is about to speak when she hears her own voice coming from behind her. "I pledge my loyalty to you and your teachings, Master Snoke."

She turns, to see herself. But it's not herself. She wears a long red dress, with slit up the leg. She has a black cloak. As she kneels she removes the hood, Mae sees her fiery yellow eyes. Her normal Nabooian makeup that accented her eyes is now darker and more defined.

Snoke laughs. and Mae whips her head around to see him.

"Good. Good." He clicks his tongue. "Lady... Vakna."

"Thank you, Master."

"I could feel the power awakening inside you when you were born, Lady Vakna. That is why I give you that name. With the purest blood running through your veins, and the unprecedented connection you have with the Force itself; You will be a goddess amongst men.

And together, my star-killers we will have everything."

"NO!" Mae jolts awake. Her breath is quick, sweat rolls down her nose, as she sits up in her bunk. She reach over and grabs a drink from her water bottle. Since Mae joined the Resistance, she started getting horrible nightmares. Some had Snoke, Kylo Ren, Darth Vader. Sometimes her father was in them too. Dreams are just dreams. Dreams pass in time. Dreams are just dreams.

She tries to shake off her bad dream. She does a few jumping jacks, then takes a shower in her little refresher. She decided not to wear any makeup. Mae puts on fresh clothes, some black cargo pants and then pulls out her favourite red sweater. Red. Maybe not today. She put it back and takes out a warm grey sweater. She's never followed the dress code in the Resistance.

She sits back down on her bed. As much as she tried to get that dream out of her head, she kept seeing images of that version of herself. It made her feel scared, uneasy, perhaps dangerous. Mae closes her eyes and crosses her legs. Taking a deep breath in and out, she begins to meditate. She tries to focus in, to reach out for help. Ask for help from the person who might truly understand nightmares like these.

Master Skywalker?
Grandpa?

Anyone?

She waits. But hears nothing, she feels nothing.

Usually she could get though. She talked to him after she had nightmares. She talked through her mind to him, and somehow he found a way to talk back. She hadn't seen Anakin as a Force ghost or in her dreams since they moved to the Resistance. Logically, Mae believed it had something to do with Naboo. It was safe and peaceful there. It was her home, and a special place for him too. Mae left home and joined the war. There was conflict in her environment and mental state so it was harder to focus. It made sense but she had a dreadful feeling her gut that something was happening to her.