14 - SNIPS

(Song: In This Shirt - The Irresponsibles)

Ahsoka felt the battle between the Skywalker cousins and she felt fear as hadn't felt since she was a young padawan. She knew that Kylo Ren was once Ben Solo. Kylo would be merciless even to his own cousin someone he thought of like a sister, just as Vader was to her. When Kylo saw Mae, he would only think of their past, his loss, and his pain. It was why Ahsoka couldn't bring Anakin back and why Mae could never bring back Ben if she tried. Mae would have to be strong and not give in.

She knew Mae was stalling for them and they were just about ready to go. They had found the perfect way out. Kylo and his Knights transport. There would be no tracking signal on that ship. They saw Kylo and his Knights split up to look for Mae earlier but they couldn't stop them, it would ruin the mission. Ahsoka was told the importance of the mission by Leia and how desperate the Resistance was becoming. They had the information the Resistance needed, now they just needed to find Mae and get out of there.

That's when Ahsoka felt it. And they heard it, the scream. Something wasn't right. It felt like her own child desperately needed her. She acted on instinct.

"Listen up men, new plan. Poe, you get us that ship. You got 5 minutes. We have to go now. Caleb, you're coming with me, we're going to find Mae."

"Yes, General Tano." Poe wearing his Stormtrooper outfit started walking towards the ship carefully. He always had an idea. He'd get the job done.

"Come, Caleb, follow my lead."

"Ahsoka... I...didn't fight hard enough to stay with her," Caleb whispers. "I stood have-"

Ahsoka cut him off. "Don't blame yourself. Can you still sense her?"

He nodded. Ahsoka had long known about force-gift and his feelings towards Mae.

"I can. She's hurt."

"She's alive," Ahsoka said to Caleb. He didn't say anything he just looked down and continued to follow Ahsoka.

Ahsoka quietly walked the halls with her hands behind her back like a prisoner. Caleb walked behind her wearing a stolen troopers armour, but surprising no one stopped them in the halls. They didn't even find troopers walking around, they were all on the ground injured or dead. It felt very cold in the hall. Did Mae do all of this damage? One could say Mae had some 'flexible' morals, but generally followed the Jedi principles the best she could. They followed the bodies to Mae. They found her, laid on the ground barely conscious, eyes fluttering and her hands wrapped around her head in pain. Beside her laid a man, black hair covering his face, wearing all black, but it was his lightsaber that gave away who he was. Kylo Ren. He was alive but passed out on the ground.

Ahsoka and Caleb pulled up Mae and Ahsoka moves the hair out her face. Caleb examined her wound. "It's a lightsaber cut. It burned her skin. She needs medical attention," he said.

He turned angrily to Kylo's limp body as Ahsoka gently talked to Mae."Wake up, Mae." Mae flickered her eyes a little. "Come on, Skywalker," Ahsoka said less gently shaking her a little. Mae's eyes closed and opened a little reacting to her voice. They flicker in her sockets.

Caleb looked at Ahsoka, confused. Skywalker? That's not right. Could she be a Skywalker?  General Leia was the only Skywalker relative left beside the missing Luke Skywalker. Leia's son, Ben, had been one of the Jedi who died in the temple fire. Caleb looked at her, and thought of Leia. They didn't look related at all. Mae looked like her mother with her red toned hair. Ahsoka must be really getting old. He knew Ahsoka's master was Anakin Skywalker. Maybe she just messed up in panic. He thought of a picture of Luke in a news article he read when he was a boy. It was known Luke had no children, but they have the same blue eyes. If she was a Skywalker... it would explain why Mae could take on the whole listening post, why she trained and lived so secretly, why she threatened him to not tell anyone about her, how she just knew things a normal 20-year-old wouldn't know, and now how she survived a fight with Kylo kriffing Ren. Was she actually Mae Skywalker.