14. The party.

Dedicated to Adaezekingz

Back at home, everything is basically the same. Same old walls, white paint and you know whatever a house looks like.

It has been a week now since I got back home.

My phone rings as I get off the bed and grab it from the reading table at the corner of my room.

It is Noel.

Why is she calling? Not like back in school we were close.

"Hello"

"Hey girl"

"Noel you-"

"-There's a party at my place tonight be there. I'll text the address to you"

"Party? But-"

"-Yes party! But nothing, be there" She ends the call.

I am not a fan of parties, it's too noisy and people loose their minds due to excessive intake of alcohol, but now she wants me to be at a party tonight.

"Juuunee!"Someone calls from the door.

"Sarah you-?"

"How did-"

"-Your dad let me in. Really nice man"

"Yeah! Maybe just too nice"

"Meaning?"

"Nevermind"

"So tell me what are you gonna wear tonight?" She sings in a high pitch.

"Wear?"

"Yes wear! The party! You know the one we all got Invited to" She says with a you've-got-to-be-kidding-me look.

"I just got the message. I haven't even informed my dad"

"Then do it now!"

"Dad!" I call from across the room.

"Yes June" He walks in.

"I-"

"-Before I forget I've got a night shift tonight. I'll be at the hospital till tomorrow morning. You were saying?"

My dad got a night shift tonight! This is way easier than I thought. But if I tell him about the party tonight he will definitely say no!

"I want to introduce you to my friend Sarah" I lie.

"Another friend? You are really changing for the better. I just thought she's one of the people you threaten to do something shady for you" He shrugs as he walks out.

"Dad!" I frown

"You did that?" She looks at me in an I-cant-believe-you-did-that kinda way.

"It's more like getting help through people so those people I used are good Samaritans"

"No they are vulnerable"

"I can't believe you didn't tell your dad. You lied to him" She continues.

"Yes! That makes me feel nauseous"

"You could have just let him know, c'mon girl"

"Sarah! Sarah! Sarah! Your innocence is really beautiful" I wipe a fake tear.

"I know my dad he will definitely say no"

"You aren't wrong" She rubs her chin.

"Of course. I am always right"