VII. Friendship

When Jisung arrived to school on monday, Changbin had been beside him from the minute he got there. Jisung gave him a quick hug, not wanting to make too much of a scene, but also wanting to express his gratitude to the older. He made a mental note to give Changbin some flowers sometime in the near future, as a small thank you.

"So, how was the rest of your weekend Sungie? Was it okay after I left?" Changbin asked as the two walked into English class, sitting down in their respective chairs. "It was actually pretty decent, I talked with Minho hyung a lot." Changbin saw Jisung's eyes light up slightly, immediately interested in continueing the conversation. He wanted to know more about his best friend's life, especially as he hadn't seen that light in quite a while. He nudged the latter's shoulder, giving him a 'cheeky smirk'.

"Well, about what?"

"Oh, just, whatever you know?" A small blush creeps onto Jisung's face, slightly embarrassed. He wasn't used to being the one to have 'exciting' news. "Andhealsokindacalledmecute." Jisung blurted out so incredibly fast, Changbin had no idea what his friend had just said. "Excuse me? repeat that bro."

"He. Also. Kind off. Called me. Cute." Jisung yelled under his breath clearly frustrated, especially seeing the one that had called him cute just walked into the classroom, his smile beaming when his eyes met Jisung's. Jisung could only give a shy smile back as the two (and Changbin) greated each other. When the oldest had passed them and sat down in his seat, Changbin quickly turned around to face Jisung, shaking the younger excitedly.

"That is huge news Jisung ohmygod!"

"It's literally not. Stop embarrassing me." Jisung took Changbin's hands off his shoulders and grabbed his notebook from his bag, continueing the conversation and also telling his friend about Minho's error, thinking they were dating. "But did he look relieved when you told him we weren't?" Jisung sighed loudly, regretting telling his friend about the rest of his weekend. "How do I know, Binnie. We literally saw each other through a fucking phone screen!" He whispered, class now starting. The two continued bickering through the rest of class, Jisung frustrated by his way too excited friend. Nearing the end of class, Changbin nudged Jisung's shoulder, making the other look up.

"Just be careful to not catch any feelings, you're going to fall too hard Sungie."

"The only thing anyone will catch is these hands... and that anyone would be you." Changbin bounced back in his chair, pretending to look offended. "I am appaled, young sir. Who raised you to be like this!?"

"You." Jisung stuck out his tongue like a little kid. "And don't worry, it won't go that far hyung. I don't fall in love like that."

"Yet."

Jisung decided to ignore Changbin's final statement, just wanting the conversation to be over. He wouldn't fall for Minho, especially not this quickly. Yet he couldn't help but be drawn to the older, which somehow only made him more nervous about the idea of liking him. Surely he couldn't be a crush after only a week, right?
Soon enough his next class, Musical History had ended and lunch had rolled around. Jisung was nervous and excited at the same time. He really wasn't looking forward to meeting three more people. He cursed Minho and also thanked Minho at the same time. You know, for existing but also for being just as social, -if not more, as Changbin. Jisung decided he didn't like being an introvert anymore, at all. He just wanted to be as talkative and easygoing as his two friends, it would make life so much easier for him.

He walked to their usual table, only Chan sitting there with a random boy on the opposite side, sitting in front of Chan. He made his way over and sat down at the other end, Changbin telling them he was going to stand in line to grab lunch from the food court. Jisung just nodded, his anxiety being a little too high to allow himself to speak. He managed to introduce himself to the other boy who turned out to be Felix. He had seen the boy go wild in their meme group chat, sending a bunch of Tik Toks, saying he should try them out as well. For some reason, that had turned the entire groupchat upside down, everyone expressing their opinions on TikTok and who could do the current viral trends the best.