XVIII. Perform

Minho didn't regret telling Changbin his real identity, it felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. However, he hadn't expected the hundreds of questions Changbin had for him. Honestly, he didn't really know what he had expected. It wasn't every day that you just come upon a Guardian Angel that is just willing to spill their secret. He should've known better than think that the boy would have about five questions max.

"So, can you like fly? Or something?" Changbin said as they walked towards the main college area on campus.

"No, I cannot fly. I could in Heaven, but what's the point if you just walk everywhere anyways?"

"True, I guess... What about going through walls!?"

"Changbin, I'm a Guardian Angel, not a ghost. Now, lets drop this conversation, we're nearing other students." Changbin only nodded after letting out a chuckle, probably thinking his question was pretty stupid after hearing Minho's thought process.

The two walked into music class, finding Jisung and Chan already sitting at their tables. Everyone greeted one another, excited about the class. Today was the day the first half of class had to perform their work. All four boys had to present that day, however the two oldest among them were up first. Only 2 duos were before Chan and Minho, until the they were called to the front. Jisung watched with anticipation. He knew how good Chan was, but he was excited to hear Minho's vocals. From the way the older talked, Jisung knew he had a soft voice and he wondered how that would translate into a song.
He watched the two set up their gear, Chan going to be DJ-ing live. Jisung always thought Chan had the coolest gear. He never dared to ask, but when they would hangout alongside Changbin, the oldest could see the excitement in Jisung's sparkling eyes. He'd let Jisung try a few things on it once in a while, happy to see the youngest eyes shine ever so slightly. Even though Jisung had never realised it, his mind too hateful towards himself, but Chan always made his best effort to become close with him. Gradually the two became friends and Chan soon realised Jisung didn't talk less around him because he didn't like him, but more so because it was just the way he was. From there on out, he had made it his mission to make the younger feel as included and loved as he could offer.

Minho tapped the mic once, checking to see if it was on. He glanced over at Jisung, a smile appearing on his face as the two locked eyes. Jisung returned it, giving a small thumbs up. The two boys at the front of the class signaled the teacher they were ready before the class quieted down. Seeing everyone in the class was passionate about music, silence filled the room. Excited to hear whatever Chan had cooked up this time, they also looked forward to Minho's voice.
Chan got to work, playing an interesting beat. Whenever Christopher Bang was working on a song, it left everyone wondering what it would sound like the next time, seeing he wasn't shy about experimenting. Soon enough he started singing, Jisung becoming captivated by the interesting melodies the boy had written. The prechorus seemed to hit, Minho closing his eyes for a moment before he started singing himself. Jisung was internally screaming at this point, so shocked by Minho's voice. It was soft yet strong, tender but also energetic. He couldn't take his eyes off the older, his orbs filling with wonder.

The song seemed to end faster than Jisung would have liked, the class quickly applauding loudly. The teacher gave some feedback, telling them their final score would be announced later next week after all students had finished their performances. The boys gave a small bow before returning to their seats, Jisung still staring at Minho, his mouth slightly agape. When Minho turned to look at him he couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

"You alright there?" He asked, smirking slightly.

"Yeah, Uhh, I'm just shocked you complimented me before and then you pull this shit? Your voice is beautiful!" For what seemed like the first time, Jisung wasn't shy to instantly speak his mind. Chan watched the youngest, a smile forming on his lips. Just then, Jisung also turned to him. "A-And you were great too Chan hyung, like always. Your melodies are so interesting, I love it."