IX. Developments

Today is a special day for Minho; he's going to the shelter to adopt a cat. In the nearly three weeks that he had been back, he realised living alone was really boring and he wanted someone to keep him company. Even in Heaven he had loved cats. There they just stroll around and aren't really anyone's pet, so he usually would sit in the gardens with them to play all day long. Now that he was back on Earth, he had been missing those tiny gremlins around him ever since.

As he walked along the pavement he relished in the fresh air. Honestly, college had been stressing him out a little bit. Never had he expected to struggle with dancing this much in his life, yet here he was, struggling with dancing. Their professor had assigned a project to do a contemporary dance and whilst Hyunjin did it effortlessly, Minho seemed to be a bit stuck. He sighed to himself before focussing back on the positives of the day; getting a cat. Realising he hadn't told the boys yet, he decided to open the groupchat to send his friends a notice.

Minho 2:32 pm

I'm getting my cat today guys ;D be prepared for all my cat pics!!!

Seung6 2:34 pm

Omg i cant wait!!!!
.......
To block you when you spam the shit out of us 😶

Innie 2:34 pm

UwU so exciting hyung!

ObiHan 2:35 pm

So cute! I love cats, send those pictures asap 🤤❤️

Minho smiled as he put his phone back in his pocket, finally arriving at the shelter. He had decided he wanted to adopt a cat, wanting to give them a new chance at a loving home. It just felt unfair that these cats would potentially never have a good life again, just because they're not kittens anymore. Entering the building, he bowed to the older lady behind the counter. He had called in earlier in the day, making an appointment to come look at all the cats they had.

"Hello, you're here to come see if we have a cat that will fit with you, right?"

"That is correct!" Minho followed the lady after she motioned him to follow her, his heart melting when they went through the door which sectioned off the cats from the main area. There were a few of them who had to be put in cages but most of them wandered around freely. It all depended on how well the cats played with the others and if no fights broke out.
As Minho pets some cats, all looking cute and irresistable, he decided to have a look at the ones in the cages as well. Some hiss at him while others pay him no mind. Then, a red one seems to spark some interest in him. It was sitting in the corner of the cage, staring blankly. Minho lightly tapped on the cage's door, making the cat look at him instead. For a moment, Minho just stared back.

"Hey little one, what's wrong?"

'I'm not interested, human. You'll just abandon me as well.'

Shocked that he could still communicate with animals, the boy was quick to compose himself he stared back at the feline intently. Minho didn't think the cat knew he could understand him but with the lady standing behind, him he had to let the cat know subtly.

"Was he perhaps abandoned? He seems lonely..."

"We think he was. He didn't have a chip but was wearing a collar. He was injured when he came in and has been really anti-social towards the other cats ever since, so we decided to put him by himself."

"I feel like this could be the one, what's his name?"

'On god, don't let him give me a dumb name like this lady here. Caramel? For a male cat? Disgraceful.' Minho let out a small chuckle, the cat still not knowing he could understand his whining. He did agree though, Caramel for a male cat was a little odd. The male just smiled softly, liking the sass the cat was excuding with his stare and words. "I called him Caramel, however that could obviously be changed if it doesn't suit your liking."