XXIV. The Perfect Gifts

Jisung snuggled his face into his scarf, trying to hide his face away from the piercing cold winds. Minho's icy fingers intertwined with his own, the two boys made their way along the sidewalk towards the big mall. Whilst it was the middle of the day, grey clouds hung in the sky, making the world look darker than it usually would be at 2 pm.

"I love Christmas time, all the warm lights and sitting by a fireplace. It's all so cozy." Minho said softly, watching the air escape his mouth as he talked. Jisung hummed in response, not really able to share the exact same feelings. Over the course of knowing Minho, he had realised just how much his father had taken the joy out of the little things. He squeezed his boyfriend's hand as Jisung turned his frown into a smile. He was grateful that Minho was able to bring back the spark in his life that he had been missing for quite some time.
"Everything okay baby?" Jisung nodded in response, turning his head to face the other who looked worried. "Yeah, I'm all good, really. Pinky promise. Just thinking about how you replace my bad memories with good ones and that I couldn't thank you enough for that."

Minho looked down, feeling his face heat up as he came to a halt. Jisung stared at him in confusion, turning his head to the mall that was just a small 50 meters away. He suddenly felt the olders' lips meet his cheek, a bright smile replacing itself onto his face as Jisung let out a soft giggle.

"Lets continue to make more great memories together, okay?"

The boys' eyes sparkled as they gazed into each others' for a brief moment before continueing their way to the mall. Once they entered through the spinning door, they were hit by the warmth of the indoors. Jisung let go off Minho's hand, the older slightly dissapointed. He tried to remind himself that not everyone was supportive and that idea freaked Jisung out in itself, but he still couldn't shake off his feelings to continue holding his boyfriend's hand.

"Where do you want to go first, Sungie?"

"The music store on the second floor? Or do you have somewhere you want to look on the way there?"

"No, I'm good. If I see a place I want to go in, I'll let you know." The younger nodded as a reply and they made their way through the crowded mall. Jisung felt relieved he had asked Minho to go out that day, already seeing just how many people were there on a Friday.

The two of them reached the store in no time, both boys entered as a little bell rang signifying their presence. A simple greeting was given by girl behind the counter, Minho giving her a reply as Jisung was already deep in his own thoughts. The shop was empty apart from them and the employee, making the shorter feel his anxiety leave him. It had been going better with Minho by his side, but it wasn't something that could just vanish. Jisung would always be nervous in public, he was just starting to come to terms with it.

"So, what do you plan on getting Binnie?" Minho walked up towards Jisung, pressing his chest into the younger's back as his boyfriend flipped through the LP's in front of them. He rested his head on Jisung's shoulder, making him visibly tense up. "Relax, the girl is wearing a 'pride' t-shirt. It's just us here, okay?" Minho whispered, feeling Jisung loosen up again.

"I-I was thinking of a record. Binnie loves those. Only I'm not entirely sure of what artist yet. Any suggestions?"

"You know him better than I do. What's some artists he enjoys? Or maybe give him a record from an artist you think he might enjoy but doesn't own anything of yet?"

"Oh! I think I heard him talk about enjoying The Weeknd's music recently! I hope they have— Oh, they do." Jisung giggled quietly as he pulled out an LP of the aforementioned artist's latest album.