XVII. History

Minho's eyes grew wider as he watched Changbin. He didn't know why it surprised him that much, especially since he had thought the two were a couple when he first interacted with them. Maybe it was because he knew Changbin was straight. Maybe it was because he knew he was Jisung's soulmate and therefore he assumed Jisung hadn't liked anyone before him. Either way, he was surpised to hear what Changbin had just told him. The younger noticed, continueing to explain with a smirk on his lips.

"Let me give you the full story, alright? It isn't very juicy or anything. I just don't want to lie to you about this and if you two do end up together, I'm sure he'll tell you eventually. Better to know now than later, right?" Minho didn't really care too much about what Changbin had just said, but he nodded anyways.
"You see how the two of us act, right? You even thought we were a couple at first. This is how we have always been. Growing up, Jisung didn't have an easy childhood which you already know for the most part. I had a lot of luxuries and privileges especially in comparison, but Jisung had to work his ass off for the bare minimum. As his hyung, it made me more protective over him. It made me want to wrap him in a blanket and just keep him away from the nasty things he had to face. So when he eventually became depressed, I tried to show just how much I cared for him. I told him every day I loved him, that he ment the world to me. It wasn't lies, I just knew I had to constantly remind him." Changbin took a sip from his refilled glas before he continued. "We just got used to saying 'I love you' and all that, I think he started to feel more behind those words. When we were at the mall that evening, he confessed that he liked me."

"How long was that ago? J-Just curious."

"Three and a half years ago? Roughly? Anyway, he confessed that he liked me. I knew he was gay, but since we had been telling each other we loved each other for a few years at that point, I thought there was no romance behind it from his part. It was normal to me and when he told me, I felt like I had led him on. He said he knew I probably didn't mean it the way he did, but he started doubting those thoughts regardless. I turned him down, telling him I very much like pussy," Minho snorted loudly, almost choking on his drink as he started coughing.

"That is one way to say it." The older exclaimed after catching his breath, earning a loud laugh from Changbin.

"B-But it's true! Either way, he told me that is what he had thought and apologized for confessing. He told me he wanted nothing to change between us, but that he had just felt like if he didn't confess, it would bug him for the rest of his life. So, I apologized for making him confused and told him that I did love him, but that I could never love him romantically. So yeah, that's kind of it. We did kind of kiss though..."

"What?! What do you mean 'that's it' and then proceed to say you kissed?" Minho laughed a little, but more because he was confused rather than liking the idea of the two kissing. "Well, he asked me then if he could so he could officially let it go, and I just agreed? I don't know. It was just a peck, but he told me it was because he felt like that was the proper way to let it go. Who am I to tell him no?"

"A straight?!"

"True that. But yeah, it wasn't romantic for either of us, I think Jisung just wanted to let go of the frustrations of liking me for a long time, or something. Besides, sexuality is a spectrum, maybe I was somewhere in the middle and I just didn't know? I asked him around a year ago if he had gotten over it and he told me he had. I also asked him how long it took and he told me it took him around 7 months."
"Wow. I mean, it is quite impressive that your friendship stayed as strong as it did." Minho did believe that was true. It was easy for friendships to fall apart if one confessed their one sided love. "Well yes, in fact I think we grew even closer. I think it made us fully realise we could be completely open to one another without the other judging them. Of course we also grew closer because of his su—Uhh, anyways... I think it was good to tell you all of this. There isn't technically 'history' between us, but if you do become his boyfriend it's better to know up front rather than later? To not feel weird towards me suddenly? Haha!"