XXVI. Fireworks

The week after Christmas had flown by and New Years' Eve had arrived. The couple would spend their evening with Changbin who had returned back home to his dorm after spending Christmas with his family. Jisung was excited to see his best friend again, his positive mood bouncing off the walls. Minho smiled at his boyfriend cutting up some apples for their afternoon snack. They'd eat at Changbin's, but both boy's stomachs had been growling. Minho walked up to Jisung and hugged his waist from behind, snuggling into him.

"I can't believe the year is already almost over, it'll be spring before we know it."

"Yeah, thank god it's over. This year is going to be my real fresh start. Years later, I want to look back at this time and be able to pinpoint it as the moment my life turned around for the better."

"Hopefully I'll be there to reminisce on it with you."

"What? Of course! Do you really think I'm letting you go? You're the best medicine ever, I don't think I can continue to improve without you." Minho smiled softly and placed a kiss to Jisung's neck, who immediately felt a shiver go through his body. He'd never get used to it.
"Do you know why you're my medicine?" Minho hummed, swaying them side to side as he watched Jisung throw the peels away in the trashcan below the sink. "Because medicine helps to improve, but it is only a part of the healing process. You help me, but I don't want you to be my sole reason to get better. I-If that doesn't sound too rude."

"It's not rude at all. In fact, I'm proud that you acknowledge it. I'm glad that you want to be happy for you and through yourself, and not just because of me... It sounds like it really will be a great year."Jisung giggled and handed Minho the small bowl with perfectly chopped apple parts. "You're like my little angel, though. It feels like I'll always have you watching over me."

Minho nearly choked on the apple slice he just plopped into his mouth, Jisung raising an eyebrow asking himself why it had made Minho choke so much. "Well, I think if I had been in your shoes, you would've been mine in the same way I am yours." Minho gave another one of his softer smiles, reaching his hand up to cup Jisung's face. The younger stared back into his eyes as he munched on a slice himself, wondering what he did to deserve the most precious man in the universe.

"I love you, Minho." He then said, a giggle escaping from his lips as he watched Minho's cheeks redden.

"I love you too, Sungie."

After some more cuddling on the couch whilst watching silly youtube videos, it was finally time to head to Changbin's apartment. Jisung's excitement started to bounce off the walls, happy he would be able to give his gift to his best friend. A couple seconds after they knocked on the door, it swung open, revealing a handsome looking guy.

"Hi Binnie!" "Hey."

"Hey guys, long time no see! Come on in." The two boys rushed inside, feeling the warmth of Changbin's cozy dormroom hit their faces. It had the same layout as Minho's, except the fact that Changbin only had 1 couch and no chairs. It was big enough for the three of them, so it didn't really matter. "I prepared some hot choco as well as cookies and chips. I baked the cookies myself!" Upon hearing that, Jisung's eyes widened slightly. Changbin wasn't bad in the kitchen, he just didn't really use measurements. Last time he made cookies, they were so hard Jisung almost broke his teeth.

"I'm not sure if I'm in the mood for cookies." He said, not wanting to insult his best friends' creation. He seemed prouder of it than usual.

"Oh, don't worry. Felix and I videocalled whilst I made them, I can guarantee they're better than last time." A sigh of relief was heard and Minho and Changbin laughed in response. "I didn't want to say it, but I indeed was scared of your cookies." Changbin protested a bit after that, the two best friends bickering about past experiences as Minho laughed and commented on some of the crazy accusations. Soon after, the boys popped pizzas into the oven and turned on Changbin's laptop, which was connected to his tv. All eight boys had agreed they could play some Jackbox and so, they all connected to Discord so they could speak to one another whilst playing.