Beaver

(Image not mine)

EDMUND'S POV

I looked into the distance at the tall snow-covered mountains that the Queen had pointed to earlier. If I could just make it there I could get the life I deserve. No more being second best to Peter or anyone for that matter, I would be a king. But first I had to lose my siblings and Y/n.

I looked up from the snow at my feet to watch Y/n as she walked in front of me. She knew that I was hiding something, which would make it a lot harder to slip away from her unnoticed. By the looks of it, she too was deep in thought as she often tripped over branches protruding from the snow or wandered a bit from the path. I watched as she stopped at the top of a small hill, turning to smile back at me and the others, and I swear I saw her eyes sparkle. When her eyes met mine I saw a playful warm glow shining in her e/c eyes. It caught me off guard and made me come to a halt, questioning my sanity. Apparently no one else noticed it since they barreled past me and down the hill, Peter leading the way.

Y/n laughed and quickly followed, rolling through the snow and effectively covering herself in the powdery substance. I simply walked down, not caring to dirty my only warm piece of clothing even if it was a girl's coat.

We kept trekking through the snowy woods and around a stone cliff while Lucy talked about the faun we were visiting.

"And we'll have lots and lots of-" Lucy stopped abruptly and stared ahead. Y/n was doing the same with a worried expression.

"Lu?" Peter questioned.

Y/n surged forward and Lucy quickly followed, both running past a wooden door that was taken off its hinges.

"Y/n!" Susan yelled and ran after the two.

"Lucy!"

I followed the others as quickly as I could in this oversized coat and walked inside the home that I assumed belonged to the faun. Y/n and Lucy were taking in the ransacked house. Furniture was smashed to bits, papers and pictures torn apart, a broken tea set lay abandoned in the middle of the room, and plates with toast were tossed onto the ground.

"Who would do such a thing?" I heard Y/n gasp beside me.

Lucy bent to pick something up from the floor and I stepped forward to see what it was but heard a crunch from under my foot. I looked down to see a painting of an old faun with claw marks raked down its surface. Swallowing, I looked up and met Peter's eyes before he turned to yank a piece of paper off the wall.

Susan and Lucy gathered around Peter to look at the paper as he read it aloud, "The Faun Tumnus is hereby charged with High Treason against Her Imperial Majesty, Jadis, Queen of Narnia, for comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed Maugrim, Captain of the Secret Police. Long Live the Queen."

Susan grabbed the paper from his hands and looked at it, as if not believing it was true. "All right. Now we really should go back." She said worriedly.

"But what about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy cried.

"He was arrested for just being with a human. I don't think there's much we can do." The older sister tried to reason.

"You don't understand, do you?" Lucy questioned while walking over to grab Y/n's hand who was standing beside me. "We're the humans."

"She must've found out he helped us," Y/n said.

"Maybe we could call the police," Peter suggested.

Susan held up the paper, "These are the police."

If the Queen's police were the ones who arrested the faun, then the Queen must have had a good reason to give the order. She couldn't be evil, she gave me Turkish Delight after all.