A Bet of Gold Coins

(Image not mine)

(Six Months Later)

SUSAN'S POV

"I'm betting by the end of the year," I placed a small stack of coins on the table.

Peter looked skeptical and Lucy shook her head, "No, I'm betting six months or less."

My eyes widened as she put a couple more coins on the table. There was no way Edmund would confess in less than six months. It took him over a year to admit to himself that he liked her more than just a friend, there's no way it would take less than that for him to confess.

"Nuh-uh, he wouldn't do it that fast," Peter argued, "If anything I bet Y/n will confess first."

"No, she's confident that he doesn't like her. There's no way she would tell him first." I reasoned.

"I think Edmund will tell her first, and it will be within six months." Lucy insisted.

"Okay, how much are you betting, Peter?"

"Let's see," He put a finger to his chin, "Ten gold coins."

"Ten?!" I looked at my stack of seven coins, "What about you, Lucy?"

"I'm going all in," She pushed her stack forward, "Fifteen gold coins."

Well, she was sure confident. But then again, so was I, I had logic on my side.

"Great, we'll put them all in this," Peter took out a small wooden chest, "And lock it up until one of them confesses."

I nodded and watched Lucy shove all of the coins into the box before Peter slammed it shut and locked it, putting the key into the drawer of a nearby desk.

"Oh, and," He turned to Lucy and me, "No interfering."

(One Month Later)

SUSAN'S POV

"Who knew Narnian face masks were better than any in Britain," Y/n said while spreading the green sludge onto her face.

She and I often had these spa nights in my room at the end of a stressful week, it was nice to have a friend who understood the pressures I had in Narnia. We would put on masks or do each other's hair while ranting about all of the sexist nobles or careless officials. Tonight was no different, as Y/n had just finished complaining about an idiot general of another kingdom who paid his way into a higher rank.

"I know," I wiped some extra sludge off of my hands, "This one does wonders for my dark circles."

"Aslan knows we need that," She laughed.

"Mhm. But enough of that," I scooted across the bed to braid her hair, "Time for boy talk."

"Boy talk?!"

"Boy talk." I nodded, "Still fancy Ed?"

She turned her head away as much as she could while I was braiding it before muttering, "How could I not?"

I smiled, "Oh? Do tell."

"Susan!" She whined.

"Fine," I laughed, "I won't pry."

She huffed but perked up suddenly, "What about you? Anyone caught your eye?"

"Ugh, no. None of the men I have met so far have any hint of intelligence or decency."

Y/n laughed, knowing that I had high expectations. Truthfully, I do want to find love in Narnia if we are to stay for so long, but being a Queen makes it pretty hard to find a date.