Duels and Nightmares

(Image not mine)

(Two Years Later)

Peter is 31, Susan is 30, Edmund and Y/n are 28, Lucy is 24, Elaine is 2.

PETER'S POV

"Your mum and dad are really something, huh Elaine?" I adjusted the small girl on my hip.

"Yes, something." She enthusiastically agreed. I don't even know if she understood what I was saying but it was still cute.

The two-year-old princess had eagerly agreed to accompany my siblings and me to watch Y/n and Edmund train some soldiers from a kingdom nearby. They had arrived asking to be taught by the best fighters we had, so naturally, Edmund and Y/n volunteered themselves.

"Poor boy," Lucy chuckled, watching a young knight spar with Y/n. "He didn't know what he was getting into."

"And she's not even using her real weapon." Susan gestured to the pipes hanging loosely around Y/n's neck.

"Though Edmund can use his. He's teaching sword fighting. That can't be fair."

Since Ed had been deemed the best swordsman in Narnia, it was obvious that he would be teaching the soldiers swordsmanship. This left Y/n to teach them hand to hand combat. Both didn't go very easy on them but it definitely helped them improve.

"You, the girl with the red hair." Y/n pointed at one of the soldiers who hadn't sparred with her yet. "Why don't you come try."

The girl in question was only about eighteen or nineteen and seemed to think this invitation was a death sentence. She shook as she removed her metal armor and walked onto the mat that they used to spar on. Y/n smiled warmly at her and patted her shoulder. This seemed to calm down the girl a bit. Y/n was no longer the intimidating queen, but the understanding mentor.

"Now take your stance," Y/n stood opposite the girl and held her hands up. "And strike."

The redhead forcefully punched forward, aiming towards Y/n's head. The queen sidestepped easily and the soldier stumbled forward, saved from falling completely only by Y/n pulling her back up.

"You rely too much on the strength you don't have. With your build it would be best you use quick and strategically placed attacks."

Y/n demonstrated a couple of moves before they started again. I diverted my attention to Edmund and his group of soldiers. They were a lot more confusing to watch as it looked like they were having a free for all. Ed and the others were running around, blocking and attacking anyone they could. It reminded me of all the battles we had.

"Great job, John." Edmund smiled after so-called John blocked his strike. "But don't forget to keep an eye on your surroundings."

John yelped when another soldier attacked him from behind, just barely blocking the heavy sword. Ed went on to fight everyone else and seemed to be having a grand time.

"Dad fast." Elaine's eyes were huge as she watched him.

I laughed, "Yes, he is. Let's go see him, it's about time these soldiers had a break."

I didn't even bother to walk around the people fighting and just walked straight through the training field. Everyone stopped what they were doing and parted for us, a couple waving back to Elaine when she waved her stubby arm at them. When we passed Y/n she smiled and grabbed a towel to wipe her forehead before jogging to walk next to Lucy. Finally, we reached the end where Edmund stopped swinging his sword and grinned at us.

"There's my little girl!" He plucked her up from my arms and swung her in a circle. "Did you have a good nap?"

She nodded but was too busy laughing as she flew through the air to put together any words. Y/n turned towards the soldiers and put her hands around her mouth.