Aslan's Death

(Image not mine)

Y/N'S POV

(I really recommend watching the Kingdom Dance scene from Tangled for the dancing scene, it's basically the same thing and will make it easier to understand)

The Witch had left and Aslan's camp was full of celebrations. Narnians filled the center of the camp, dancing, and drinking and stuffing their faces with dessert. There were circles of creatures dancing together to the fauns' music, laughing and bumping into each other. I smiled and watched them while I ate the Narnian version chocolate ice cream next to Susan. We were both in our festival dresses, cream-colored long skirts that swished around when we walked and matching tops. We also preferred to go barefoot since our leather boots were too hot and the grass was soft enough to walk on.

Something suddenly being placed on my head startled me and I turned around, "Lucy!"

The young girl giggled before placing another flower crown on Susan's head. "Now we all match." She pointed to the small pink flowers on her head. "Peter and Edmund refused to wear them."

"Such party poopers," I pouted, then set my ice cream down and pointed at the circle of dancers, "Would you like to dance, Lucy?"

"Actually," I swiveled around to see Peter walking towards us. He wore his festival clothes which consisted of brown pants, a creme shirt, and laced up leather gauntlets. "Lucy and I were about to dance." He grinned and held his hand out to Lucy.

Lucy grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the dancing, "Sorry, Y/n! I'll dance with you next!" She yelled over her shoulder.

I laughed and waved at her then turned to Susan, "I don't feel like waiting for the next dance. You coming?" I held out my hand.

She smiled and set down her empty cup of ice cream before standing and grabbing my hand. We ran over to the people bouncing and dancing around, energetic flute and drum music filling my ears as we entered the circle. I joined hands with a faun on my left, still holding Susan's hand while her other held onto a dwarf's hand. We quickly skipped to the right, spinning the outer circle of dancers around the smaller circle. I saw Lucy and Peter in the small circle, skipping in the opposite direction with their group and smiling broadly. While we spun I caught sight of familiar dark hair standing at the edge of the dancing area with a bunch of other Narnians.

I hooked arms with someone from the inner circle and spun around with them, smiling as an idea came to mind. Just as we were about to grab onto the next partner in the dance, I grasped the arm of an unsuspecting faun who was watching and pulled him in. I swung him in front of my next partner and leaped out of the circle to face Edmund.

"Come on!" I held my hand out to him.

He waved his hands in front of him, "No, no I can't dance."

I sighed and grabbed his hand, tugging him into the dance. He yelped and tried to go back but two fauns already had a steel rip on his hands and were tugging him along, forcing him to skip around with the circle. I laughed and jumped into the inner circle, just so happening to link hands with Lucy and the dwarf that was next to her.

"I can't believe you go Ed to join!" She shouted over the loud music. We were facing outwards so she was able to see that Edmund was dancing now too, or at least trying to.

I grinned, "He didn't exactly have much of a choice!"

She laughed and we leaped out, grabbing our partner's hand from the outer circle and spinning around. I spotted Edmund a few people down. The people from the inner circle swung to the left and the outer circle swung to the right, both meeting each other to find another partner to swing around. I linked arms with the faun who was my partner and we twirled before everyone jumped into the air in unison. Then the partners switched again and this time I linked arms with Edmund.