The Witch's Castle

(Image not mine)

Y/N'S POV

The little hut was barely big enough for us humans to stand in, Peter's head had nearly scraped the ceiling when he walked to the small table the Beavers had them sit at. There wasn't enough room for all seven of us to sit so Edmund and I volunteered to sit on the stairs behind the other siblings, though I'm pretty sure Edmund just wanted to be away from his siblings.

"Isn't there anything we can do to help Tumnus?" Peter asked the Beavers across the table.

"They'll have taken him to the Witch's." Mr. Beaver explained, "You know what they say. There's few that go through them gates that come out again."

"Fish 'n' chips?" Mrs. Beaver interrupted before her husband could worry the humans even more. I watched Lucy force a small smile. "But there is hope, dear. Lots of hope."

Mr. Beaver spit his drink into his cup. "Oh, yeah, there's a right bit more than hope!"

He quickly looked at the walls of the home, as if checking for any spies that might be lurking in the shadows, before turning back to look at the children. "Aslan is on the move."

The creak of wood shifting beside me made me look up at Edmund as he stood up and walked closer to the table. "Who's Aslan?"

"Who's Aslan?" Mr. Beaver laughed loudly in disbelief. "You cheeky little blighter"

Mrs. Beaver noticed our confused faces and slapped her husband's arm. "What?" He stopped laughing.

He looked at all of our faces, each of us looking equally confused. "You don't know, do you?"

"Well, we haven't exactly been here very long." I piped up.

"Well, he's only the king of the whole wood. The top geezer. The real King of Narnia."

Edmund shook his head and went to leave the tiny house. I set down my cup of tea and scrambled up to follow him. He really shouldn't be going out into this unknown world at night by himself. The door almost swung shut behind him but I caught it and pushed it open again, the cold winter air hitting my body instantly. I immediately regretted not grabbing my fur coat.

"Hey, wait!" I whisper-shouted. For some reason, I felt the need to be quiet in these snowy woods.

Edmund turned around, the cold wind whipping his hair around. "What are you doing?" He demanded.

I shrugged. "Following you, obviously."

"Why?"

"Because you can't go into these woods alone, silly." I smiled. Even though I knew he was trying to ditch everyone I couldn't be mad at him.

"I know what I'm doing," He scoffed and continued to walk. I had caught up to him by now so we were walking side by side.

"Good," I grinned. "At least one of us does."

He looked at my sideways, "You aren't going to leave me alone are you?" I shook my head. He sighed. We continued to walk in silence for a couple of minutes before I couldn't stand it any longer.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

He hesitated. "The Queen."

I stiffened. "The Queen? As in the White Witch? Isn't she evil?"

"No, she isn't," He shouted defensively. "She gave me Turkish Delight."

"Oh, I see. Then she is most definitely not evil."

"Seriously, Y/n, she even promised to help me the next time I came to Narnia if I went to her castle." He pointed to the mountains. "She said it's beyond those mountains."