A New Narnia

(Image not mine)

Y/N'S POV

"How long do you think we're going to be the rulers of Narnia?" I asked the group.

Peter looked up from his plate and stared off the balcony, "I'm not sure. Maybe until we pass on the crown."

"But what about going back home?" Susan asked.

"I don't think we're going back for a long time," Lucy picked at her vegetables, "We have a duty to Narnia now, we can't abandon it."

I nodded, I was also concerned about getting back home but if it was like the last time I visited Narnia, no time would pass in our world. That bit of knowledge comforted me and I decided it wouldn't be so bad to stay here, it felt more like home to me anyway. I leaned back from the table and stared at the sun setting over the ocean.

"It doesn't feel real, does it?"

Edmund shook his head and scooped some more potatoes into his mouth, "It's like a dream." He said with a full mouth.

"Edmund, you have no manners," Susan scolded and tossed a napkin to him, "At least try to act like royalty."

He shrugged and wiped his mouth, "I've only been king for a couple of hours,"

We all chuckled and Lucy stood up from the table, "I'm going to go find Aslan," She smiled and ran off into the crowd.

Susan excused herself as well, saying that Mrs. Beaver had wanted to talk to her. I waved goodbye and turned back to my food, stealing a few grapes from Lucy's plate.

"What is it with you and Lucy's grapes?" Peter chuckled as he watched me.

"Hers always taste better," I shrugged and dropped a few into my open mouth.

"Enough of your grapes, is that Aslan on the beach?" Edmund interrupted and pointed over the railing of the balcony at the sandy shore.

A lone lion walked slowly across the wet sand, leaving large paw prints in his wake. I frowned, "He's leaving?"

"I guess so," Peter pursed his lips, "I think his work here is done, for now."

I nodded, "It's our turn to help govern Narnia."

Edmund turned around to face us again, "Do you think we can do it?"

Peter nodded confidently, "We'll be the greatest rulers Narnia has ever seen."

---

Three Months Later

EDMUND'S POV

I have discovered that marble thrones get very uncomfortable when you sit in them all day. I tried not to slouch while the five of us listened to the Narnian's requests. A couple days a month were spent like this, listening and deciding how to help our subjects, most of their problems had to do with the remainder of the Witch's forces or the loss of crops or even the construction of new villages. Thankfully, Peter and Susan handled most of it and Y/n, Lucy, and I just pitched in when we felt the need to. Right now, a couple of badgers and boars were asking for help regrowing the crops that the Witch had frozen and we were probably going to send Y/n again to fix it.

I looked over to my left to see how Y/n was feeling about going on another long journey to grow more crops. She wore a polite smile but I could see in her eyes that she wasn't excited about having a sore bum from traveling on horseback. I smiled a little, remembering all the times she complained and rubbed her bum after dismounting the horse. We always went on these errands together, sometimes with Lucy, but usually it was just us traveling around Narnia and helping our subjects.

"We will send Y/n and Edmund to restore your failed crops tomorrow morning." Peter declared.

Y/n turned her head to me slightly and whispered, "I called it."

I snickered before focusing again on Peter as he continued, "They will also help you design an appropriate aqueduct to distribute the water from the river."

"Thank you, Your Majesties," The badgers and boars bowed and left the throne room.

Once the door had closed behind them Lucy immediately stood up and stretched, "Whew! Finally, we can get off of these thrones."

The rest of us stood up and did various stretches before dispersing to relax before bed. Susan went to her room and Peter said he was going to train with Oreius, so it was just Y/n, Lucy, and I.

"Do you guys want to visit the market for an hour or so?" Y/n suggested while setting her crown onto the seat of her throne and massaging her head, "I want to buy some snacks for the journey tomorrow."

"Sure!" Lucy accepted, "Let me grab my cloak."

I took my silver cloak off of the arm of my throne and swung it around my shoulders, walking to meet Y/n at the doors of the throne room. Today she wore a moss green dress and a white cloak embellished with silver and gold designs that matched her crown. Her hair was in its usual style and she carried a basket to hold the things from the market as well. Lucy ran up to us as we walked out of the room and down the stairs towards the front gate. It took a while to actually reach the gate since there were like seven levels in Cair Paravel and the throne room was at the top, but eventually we exited the palace after the guards opened the gates. It was a short walk down the hill to the city below Cair Paravel so we declined the horses and traveled there on foot.

The city was still under construction, but the main square and lots of houses were already built so there was already a decent amount of Narnians swarming the streets. Most had come for business but some had come to find a home after the Witch destroyed theirs. As we entered the marketplace Narnians stared or waved at us, finding it a bit odd that we kept coming down here so casually. I stayed next to the girls as they shopped, occasionally pitching in on what nuts to buy or which fruits looked best. At one point I got distracted by a sword stand and had to be dragged away by Y/n and back to Cair Paravel.

"Goodnight!" Lucy waved to us from her bedroom door.

I bid her goodnight and Y/n and I continued to make our way through the palace. For some reason all of our rooms were very far from each other, mine and Y/n's being more towards the back of the grounds than the others so we often walked together at the end of the day.

Y/n swung her basket in front of her, "I might still have to ask the cooks to make some more food," She grinned, "You'll probably eat all of this in the first half of the journey."

I shoved her away while she laughed, "It's only a six hour ride, I won't eat all of it that quickly."

"That's what you said last time,"

I frowned and reached out to open the door to my bedroom, "Well this time I really won't,"

"Uh-huh," She smirked, "Goodnight!"

"Night, Y/n," I smiled and shut the door behind me.

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!!!

-Hey! Sorry about this being such a short chapter but it was mainly a "filler episode" to set the stage a bit. From here on, each chapter will take place a year or so later than the previous chapter, and will most likely be longer. I haven't read the books so I'm not sure if it covers what they do in Narnia for the next 15 years but I've decided to make up what they do. This means there will be 10-15 more chapters.

A few spoilers to keep you going: Edmund tries to sort out his feelings for Y/n, Peter and Susan both reject a couple of things, Lucy gets to hold flowers, and a small someone boards a ship.

Hope you liked it, thanks for reading!

-Mocha