Interview: Part 15

Thomas, Ki Hong, and I go in a cab together to go to our interview.

We arrive and we get cards to ask each other questions. There is three seats, two on one side and one on the other.

Ki Hong and I sit together and Thomas sits in the chair in front of us. Behind us is a background of the Scorch.

"Do we start here" Ki Hong asks. Someone nods at him and he laughs then says "Hello I'm Ki Hong Lee and I play Minho in The Maze Runner."

"I'm Kylie O'Brien and I'm Aspen in The Maze Runner"

"Hello I'm Thomas Brodie Sangster and I'm Newt in The Maze Runner"

Ki Hong says "I'm sure you guys want to know more about The Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, and we'll be doing that in this interview."

We all flip our cards and Ki Hong laughs.

Ki Hong looks at his card and looks at me then Thomas. "Thomas"

"Yes"

"What is the Scorch?"

Thomas says "The Scorch?" then moves his hand to show us the picture of the Scorch to the side of him.

"Ahh" Ki Hong says.

I giggle at his simple answer but then Thomas says "It is the world uh but not as we know it, uh it's barren and scorched by the sun and um humanity as we know it is kind of falling apart, all that's left is barren miserable uh dead uh version of the earth, along with that comes infection of the Flare"

"Yes" Ki Hong says and Thomas nods.

Thomas looks at me and I nod at him telling him he can ask the next question. "What is the Flare?"

Ki Hong looks at me and so does Thomas "A very deadly virus that slowly takes over your body, the more you think the faster it becomes. It makes you go insane and cannibalistic. It is a man-made virus that" I put up two finger and move them up and down as I say "accidently" then I put my fingers down and continue "got released and uh it just makes you go really mad and crazy."

Then I look at my card and say "This one is only for Ki Hong" I then continue and ask "Ki Hong what would you do if Thomas got the Flare?"

Ki Hong looks at Thomas and answers the question "Um... I'd first cry...and then I'd probably grab a gun,"

"...Oh" Thomas says looking at the ground while Ki Hong continues. "Uh... And shoot you"

"Oh!" Thomas says. My eyes are wide and I'm looking at the ground.

"Oh wow" I say then look at Ki Hong.

"Hey Ki Hong" Thomas says.

"Yeah?" Ki Hong asks him.

"I got this little bite" Thomas says making me chuckle.

"Oh no" Ki Hong says then fake cries for a second or two then pretends to shoot Thomas.

"Oh wow" Thomas says then adds "That quickly" then he laughs.

"Done" Ki Hong says.

Then I ask another question "What do you think your charm is?"

Ki Hong bursts out laughing for a second then start talking about his Korean fans.

Them Thomas says "What is your charm... Ki Hong?"

"Dang it, I was trying to avoid the question, I don't know what my charm is."

"Well I think you're a very charming person" Thomas says to Ki Hong.

"I second that" I say agreeing with Thomas.

Then Thomas tells Ki Hong what he thinks his charm is.

Then Ki Hong asks "What is your charm, other than your good looks"

"My charm?" Then Thomas laughs at Ki Hong.

"Umm you're supposed to answer for me since I answered for you" Thomas says then laughs.

I giggle and then Ki Hong tells Thomas what he thinks his charm is.

Then they both look at me and I say "That was the last question"

Ki Hong asks "Kylie what is your charm?"

I laugh awkwardly at the question. "Uhm" I look a the ground I scratch under my ear for a second I think and say "I have no idea"

"I think you're very kindhearted" Ki Hong says to me.

I smile at him and Thomas says "You're the kind of person that would do anything to make everyone else happy"

"Thanks guys" I say smiling at them both.

"That's all of the questions, now we make hearts with out hands" Ki Hong orders to us.

The three of us make hearts with our hands toward the camera. Then Ki Hong and Thomas make a heart together using their arms. I giggle at them and Ki Hong says to the camera "We love you"

Then Thomas says smiling "yeah" then waves with his hand that is still making a heart.

Then I add giggling "We love you guys"

Then we thank them and say goodbye and head to our next interview which luckily isn't far way so we decide to walk since we have time.

We walk and walk, I walk next to Ki Hong, he is in the middle. "These heels are killing me, I shouldn't have worn them for this long" I say. The boys laugh and I add "You couldn't imagine the pain girls go through to look nice"

"Do you have one of those night time routines?" Ki Hong asks me. "No, I don't, personally I think they are stupid"

The boys laugh and I add "I only use foundation and mascara just so I don't look like I just woke up all the time"

"I think you look great without makeup, to be honest it doesn't really do much" Thomas tells me.

"Thanks Tommy, the only other reason I wear it is to boost my confidence"

Ki Hong asks me "Why do you dress so nice all the time Kylie?"

"Confidence booster, you should see me at home I wear joggers and sweatshirts around the house all day, but when I leave the house I always wear something nice because... well.. I don't want people judging me and well... Insecurities"

No Hong nods then I say "But today is the last day of me being insecure, I'm gonna wear joggers tomorrow"

"My wittle Kywe is growing up sooo fast" No Hong says making me and Thomas laugh.

"I'm so done with heels anyway"

"Remember at the premiere?" Thomas asks me.

I look at him and smile "Yeah Kaya with her sttttuuuupid long dress" I scoff and shake my head making them both laugh.

On our way we meet some fans. As we are about to take pictures I fix Thomas' hair. "There you go Tommy, but to be honest I like your hair when it's crazy"

One of the fans asks us "Are you two dating yet?"

"No" I say to her then Thomas adds "We are just friends, really really good friends"

We take a few pictures and say goodbye to them. We arrive at the door and Ki Hong says before heading in "Kymas, I ship it"

Thomas and I just laugh it off and go inside. We have heard Kymas so many times or sometimes Tomlie or even Kylas. Our fans couldn't really pick a name.

Word Count: 1,202