Chapter 30: It Takes a Village

The next day is a whirlwind. Jamie and I have press while Della and Ted watch the girls again, this time with Madison tagging along. I'm excited because Chad flies in today, but also a little emotional because the girls are going home to Millie tomorrow, and are then headed to Barbados with her, so they won't be joining us in Belfast. We decided to have a big dinner tonight with the whole gang to give everyone a chance to say goodbye. Just as Scott and I were finishing our last interview, Della called me. I panicked a little when I saw her name, "Dell? Are the girls okay?"

She tuts, "Of course they are. In fact, Madison and I had a great idea. Since you have some time, why don't we take the girls for a manicure?"

I spark to the suggestion, "I LOVE that idea. Sounds like fun and the girls would love it. Text me the details so I can tell the driver where to take me. Scott and I are done, and Jamie should be out any minute now."

"Okay, honeygirl. See you soon. Madison said to bring wine!" That's why 45 minutes later, I'm sitting with Bertie in my lap – both of us getting our nails done. Elva and Dulcie sat in their own chairs and chattered the entire time. I'm glad I brought TWO bottles of wine because our nail techs needed a drink about halfway through the experience. I also brought juice boxes for the girls so they wouldn't feel left out. Ted, bless him, sat at the front of the salon to keep a watchful eye over all his girls.

We had a blast and all left with smiles, laughs, and freshly painted nails. All three girls got daisies painted on their thumb nails, complete with explanation from Dulcie about the meaning. Us big girls opted out of the extra decoration. We dropped Madison off at Scott's hotel and then the rest of us trooped home. We opted to bathe the girls early, knowing dinner might go later than normal. Then somehow Nana Dell got all of them to settle down for a quick nap – giving me a chance to soak in my own hot bath.

Jamie comes in while I'm up to my chin in bubbles. "Now, this is a sight I can get used to." He puts his hands on the tub behind me and I lean back my head so he can kiss me. It's slow and sensual. Why are upside down kisses so darn sexy?!?! He nips at me again, "Want company?"

I groan, "Desperately, but our litter of kittens will be awake in about 15 minutes, so I need to get out and dressed."

He kisses me again, "You sure? I can get you off in two minutes."

I giggle, "I have no doubt that you can. But I'd rather wait and have take your time with THIS kitten after dinner."

He hands me a towel and helps me out of the tub. "Deal. Your catnip will be ready."

As I dry off and lotion up, Jamie hops in the shower for a quick rinse. I've laid out what I plan to wear on the bed. We're going to an informal (read family-friendly), but highly rated Italian restaurant on the river. Chad picked it, so I know it will be a hit. A bonus is that he got us a private terrazzo outside – so we can have our privacy, the view of the river, and those sparkly little patio lights. In honor of the cuisine, I chose skinny black pants, a red and white striped v-neck t-shirt, and a black scarf tied in a bow around my piled high pony.

Jamie comes out and whistles. I study myself in the mirror. "Do I look like I lost my gondola?"

He chuckles and comes up behind me to kiss my neck, "You look breath-taking, as always. I wouldn't change a thing." He pulls out an outfit that I know will leave my mouth watering. Black jeans that show off his fabulous butt and a white v-neck Henley that hugs him in just the right way. And we match. And he DID his hair. I love it fresh out of bed, but when he slicks it back and looks so groomed, it makes me foresee a quickie in the bathroom at the restaurant. He also trimmed his beard very close, to just a sexy stubble, which he knows is my preferred look (and feel).