¹⁵ Wheeler

"
There is no law except for the law that there is no law.
"

- John Archibald Wheeler

RIP Embry

Harper's the type of person to let someone know exactly how she felt about them through her facial expressions. People know where the stood with the girl. Eli and Sage knew that she liked them by the bright laughs and infectious smiles the girl shared with them. Sage knew that she liked her more. Quil and Jake knew she felt bad for them from the pitying gazes she shot them to and from classes. Paul and Jared knew she was suspicious of them by the narrowed and curious eyes. Sam knew she hated him by the constant nasty remarks she shot him while Embry Call could tell by the look of contentment that showed on her face as he looked at her from across the parking lot.

The girl quickly rushed into her car and sped away to Emily's home as if to race him there. She wasn't scheduled to work that day, thankfully, so she could spend as much time as she wanted in Hoh Rain Forest. It was easy to guess that it was excitement that had dragged her out of the parkinglot so quickly, but Embry had a feeling that it was him. It was safe to say she was pissed at him. And Harper was known to be unforgiving with that. Take it from Sam who had been at the end of that since she had arrived. In short, he was screwed. He had wronged Harper and thus he was a dead man.

Harper had indeed rushed home. Running up the stairs without so much as a glance to Sam and Emily. She had gotten even colder with Sam after the whole manipulating Embry Call into a gang ordeal. The girl quickly threw on a windbreaker, rainboots, and her prepacked bag. She only stopped to grab her notebook and rushed to Emily and Sam. She had the decency to kiss Emily on the cheek as she had been doing for the past couple of weeks and flip off Sam, which she had been doing for the past couple of weeks. She bounded through the trees and the trail to begin looking for a set of prints to find the wolf she had seen.

Emily sighed deeply as she watched her niece go through the trees and into the woods. Harper was unknowingly throwing herself into danger. "She knows..." she murmured out, the worry was evident in her unsteady voice and the way her heartbeat picked up. 

Sam gently grabbed her hand and he could hear the heartbeat slow. "She knows that there are wolves, Emily," Sam told his wife. "She doesn't know what we are."

Emily nodded and wrapped her arms around him, looking for comfort. "What happened to the leeches?" She asked quietly. Emily had an understandable fear of vampires.

After Sam had imprinted on Emily, she had a nasty run-in with one. She still remembered the bright red villainous eyes. He had sharpened his nails, so when he slapped Emily three long and deep marks forever marred her face. The vampire greedily lapped at the blood on his nails before turning blackened eyes to an unconscious Emily. And then Sam had shown up. It was a flurry of fur, but a somewhat easy fight. Emily woke up halfway through the battle. The Quileute legends her Uncle Harry had told her once had flashed in her mind.