¹⁰ Ball

"
I work and I work and still it seems that I have done nothing.
"

- Alice Augusta Ball

Wallflower's Villain Origin Story pt

Wallflower's Villain Origin Story pt. 2

When Eli had offered to drive Harper to Mike's party she had been in shock. Of course, it would make sense as they were (fake) dating, but she wouldn't have expected him to do that. She also knew that the terrible threesome would absolutely eat him alive if he stepped inside the house.

Harper had gotten ready in a rush. The girl slipped on a pair of socks and boots as she anxiously ran through her plan. She was going to go downstairs and act as inconspicuous as possible. And then as soon as she heard tires pulling up she would make a break for Eli's car. She would also pray to every deity in existence that Sam and Co. would do nothing!

Harper had sped downstairs at eight sharp with her purse hiked up on her shoulder. Sitting at the table while her head was craned in the direction of the driveway. Emily smiled down at her niece from her spot beside Sam on the couch before moving to sit across from her. Unknowingly, Emily was blocking Harper's view of the driveway.

"How was school today, Harper?" Emily asked, very aware of the three sets of ears listening to the conversation.

"Fine, Auntie Em," came Harper's automatic reply as she now relied on her ears to tell her when Eli would be coming up the driveway.

"Didn't you turn in your project with Embry today?" Emily asked, purposely name dropping. It wasn't like Harper cared as she wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention to the woman.

"The essay portion, we still have to do a presentation next week," Harper informed as she craned to see if there were headlights as Sam bumped the volume up on the TV.

"So we should be expecting your boyfriend around here soon?" Emily pried a coy smile on his face.

Harper's face darkened at this and she looked as if she just had eaten an entire pack of sour candy. "I'm not- we're not, how would-"

Emily interrupted her with a coy sort of smile on her face. "Oh, so you guys are what, friends with benefits?" She asked knowing entirely that her niece was getting flustered.

Harper did something that Emily hadn't thought she would have, The girl straightened her back and looked at Emily head-on, nodding. "Yeah, actually we are. I do have a date with a different boy tonight so shh," Harper said putting a finger to his lips. She was very aware of a Paul shaking with laughter on the couch, a disgusted Jared, and two very frazzled adults.

The three of them heard the wheels turning on the gravel and Paul turned to Harper with a smirk on his face. "Your date's here," he said in a singsong.