⁹ Greenfield

"
As always in life, people want a simple answer... and it's always wrong.
"
- Susan Greenfield

Wallflower's Villain Origin Story pt

Wallflower's Villain Origin Story pt.1

Embry was early to school. This simple fact had been a shock to many as the boy was usually seen walking through the halls moments before the bell rang or even later. Yet here he was, practically jogging to the library an hour before classes started.

It was the kind of thing that usually happened when somebody receives an email from a cute girl saying she told her family, a cult, and the tribal elders that she slept with you in 50 different places all over the rain forest. Harper's brain worked in magical ways and he just wanted to figure it out so he could get her to stop screwing with his life. He had to admit that he did walk straight into it when he had offered to be used as a cover.

He just didn't picture being used like that.

Harper had sat in her usual table in the back corner of the library, diligently working on making a new map. Seeing as her aunt oh so kindly ruined hers. Embry plopped down on the seat next to her and without a second thought, she pushed her notebook with the coordinates in it closer to him. Without a word shared between the two, they worked to hurriedly complete the map so that Harper wouldn't have a complete mental breakdown.

By the time they stopped there were about 10 minutes left before class. Embry made a move to leave the table when Harper's hand reached out to grab his wrist. He turned to her curiously and she immediately pulled her hand away.

Harper furrowed her eyebrows as she looked from her hand to his wrist. He was burning up. She shook her head, filing the thought in the back of her mind for later and looked up at him.

She could tell he had gotten ready in a hurry. His hair which had been damp when he had arrived had dried into nice waves that brushed his shoulders. He wore a pair of sweats and an ill-fitting hoodie along with his usual shoes.

God, he looked like such a slacker.

In like a hot kinda way.

"Are-are you-"

Before Embry could properly ask if she was checking him out she spoke over him, "Hey one of my friends, Mike Newton, is throwing a party in Forks and I was wondering if you and your crew wanted to come with?" She asked her tone dull.

Embry raised a brow as his eyes flit away from the girl and bit the inside of his cheek. Parties were not his thing. He didn't like them. Didn't do them. Didn't care for them. Much less the party he was expecting from a Forks kid it would probably be shitty. Embry looked back down at Harper who looked at him expectantly for an answer and he shakily nodded.