¹⁶ Tyson

"
The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
"

- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Party Animal

Harper could feel a piercing gaze the moment she entered biology.  Oh, who could it be except for the nuisance himself? The gaze was, of course, from Embry and when she turned back he had turned his head. 

"Wallflower," she murmured to him with a hiss. 

Embry, who had not read perks of being a wallflower, simply rolled his eyes and mutter out a small, "Smartass."

Each class ended with a similar tune. Every teacher just seemed so exhausted, hardly any gave weekend homework. Sage was very enthusiastic about this during lunch. The girl had tugged Harper along to the cafeteria. 

"Why don't we just sit in the library?" Harper moaned out. She didn't like watching Embry as an injecter or Quil and Jake be furious at him for it. Sage rolled her gleaming pair of brown eyes and tugged harder. 

"Shush!" Sage waved Harper's insecurities off in a moment. The girl looked around for any Hall Monitors on Steroids or teachers. Harper still looked apprehensive as she peered into the cafeteria at the Hall Monitor table,

Harper let out a sigh and followed Sage. The two sat opposite the glaring Jake and Quil. Jake's glare didn't soften at the sight of two, he merely tilted his head so he could see Embry while Quil smiled a smile that did not reach his eyes. It was one for niceties and note genuine in the slightest. 

"Hello, testicle left and right," Sage greeted with a nod to each of the two boys. Harper could feel her eyes widen as she looked over at the bold girl. Quil and Jake did not take it well.

"Shut up, Walker," Jake hissed out, his glare softening ever so slightly. Harper could see that he was really just sad. 

"I will when you stop glaring holes in the side of Embry's idiot face," Sage hissed out. That had seemed to snap Jake out of his stupor. He shook his head and closed his eyes, nostrils flaring in apparent anger.

"What do you want, Sage?" Quil huffed out. The girl shrugged and threw an arm around Harper's shoulder. 

"We're here to improve the view," she joked. Quil and Jake gave light but disheartened laughs. 

"Sage, you don't swing that way," Jake reminded the girl. 

Sage pretended to look shocked, opening and closing her mouth like a fish. She put an overdramatic hand to her heart. "What I- ugh, uh the absolute nerve!" She whisper-shouted. Jake rolled his eyes, but a grin played on his face while Quil let out a laugh. 

And then they heard Embry's and like that the two looked downcast. Harper bit her lip and looked at them pitying before turning to Harper who looked at the Hall Monitors with a certain vigor she hadn't seen.