Chapter 2 : The Moon As Our Witness

Placing the empty plates in the sink, Chaewon groggily walked over to the couch where Minju was lying on before slumping down on her.

"How was your day unnie?" Minju asked pulling the blanket on the couch over both of them.

"Tiring" Chaewon groaned, the literature class coming to her mind "The professor kept going on and on about some classic novel. Hamlet or something"

"Shakespeare's a nice man" Minju mumbled, resting her palms on Chaewon's waist.

Chaewon raised her head hearing wht Minju said before looking at her in question.

"What the fuck. Don't tell me you've met him before"

"Hmm well......" Minju meshed her lips together as she pretended to think, breaking out in a giggle soon after seeing Chaewon's face scrunched up in disbelief "I'm kidding. He passed away way before I was born unnie"

Chaewon flicked Minju's forehead for messing with her, a pout on her face. Placing her head back into Minju's chest, she could feel the vibrations from the girl's laughing body.

"I hate you" Chaewon mumbled, although she refused to move away from Minju.

"Love you too unnie"

Chaewon slipped her hands under Minju as she laid flush against the vampire.

"Why do you call me 'unnie' when you're like over 300 years old?"

"312 to be exact"

"Exactly my point. I know you got turned when you were nineteen but my point still stands. You're like 280 years older than me"

"289" Minju corrected with a grin on her face.

"Don't be a smart ass with me Kim Minju" Chaewon jokingly refuted with a frown before chuckling slightly.

"You love me for that"

"You're not wrong" Chaewon smiled fondly as she spoke, her breath tingling Minju's neck slightly.

Moving up, Chaewon looked into Minju's red orbs affectionately before cupping the girl's cheeks with her hands.

"You beautiful thing" Chaewon crooned with a lovestruck grin on her face "Who'd think you're 312 years old? Even getting yourself a gorgeous girlfriend"

Minju scoffed hearing Chaewon compliment herself even though she knew the girl wasn't wrong at all.

Gasping loudly, Minju faux a shocked look.

"Wait Are you trying to say that I'm a-?"

Chaewon laughed out loud at the brunette's words, slightly shaking her head and leaning down to kiss her girlfriend's cheekbone.

The place where the dimples Chaewon absolutely loved showed whenever she laughed.

"I love you Min" Chaewon whispered as if they weren't the only ones in the apartment. Her words were slurry with sleep but that didn't make them sound any less sweeter.

"I love you too" Minju replied in the same way before gently pulling Chaewon down by her collar to lock their lips together.
********************************************

Minju and Chaewon had met three years ago, on the latter's first year of university.

Being a university freshman came with a lot of load. Tution, rent and all that. Chaewon wasn't an exception.

And that was exactly why Chaewon decided to take a year off after the first year.

"See you tomorrow" Chaewon bowed as she exited her part-time job at a barbecue place.