Chapter 8 : Cold

"Where is it?" Chaewon mumbled under her breath as she gripped tightly on the steering wheel.

The girl had recently got her license and wanted to pick her girlfriend up from work. Driving carefully through the traffic and avoiding any obstacles, Chaewon was looking for the studio where Minju was having her photoshoot.

"Oh here is it" Chaewon muttered with a grin as she found the place.

Parking the car, which she successfully did after a few(many) tries, Chaewon exited the vehicle before locking it.

She sent Minju a message to inform her of her arrival as she walked to a nearby cafe to wait for her.

Chaewon received a 'okay i'll be there soon' with a heart from her girlfriend, making her smile from ear to ear.

Ordering a mango yogurt smoothie, she was slowly sipping on it while scrolling through her phone when someone sat on the chair in front of her.

"Hey there pretty lady. Can I have your number?"

Chuckling slightly, Chaewon placed her drink back down on the table before leaning in.

"I don't know..... My girlfriend wouldn't like that"

"It's unfortunate that you have a girlfriend. I was about to ask for your number" The voice replied with an amused glint.

"Oh my god let's stop this role play now Kim Minju" Chaewon laughed, cringing internally at Minju's attempt to flirt with her "How was work?"

"So-so just the usual" Minju replied before looking around "Where's the car?"

Chaewon grinned childishly as she dangled the key in front of Minju.

"It's not far from here"

"Please tell me I'm not going to die riding your car"

"Don't you trust me?" Chaewon pouted as she feigned hurt before rolling her eyes "Also you're technically immortal"

Despite those words coming out of her own mouth, Chaewon felt something pierce her heart.

Minju was immortal. She might forget about her one day.

Shrugging the thought off, Chaewon smiled before standing up and pulling Minju out of the cafe.

"Let's go home"

***************************************

It was a rainy evening. Raindrops splattering against the window made soft rhythms, almost like a beat to a tune.

Chaewon had classes that day and would be coming late. Stirring the pot of fried rice, Minju looked out of the window in worry.

"Should I go fetch her? It's raining pretty heavy" Minju thought to herself.

Before she could act on her thoughts, the door to their apartment squeaked open.

"Oh yo-" Minju stopped in her tracks when she saw the state Chaewon was in "Unnie you're gonna catch a cold"

The university student had come back home all drenched from head to toe. Her bangs stuck to her forehead and a puddle was forming on the floor as water dripped down from her clothes.

Minju immediately went over to get a towel before heading over to her girlfriend, who now looked like a wet tiger cub.

"Min I'm fi-" Chaewon assured the vampire yet she couldn't complete her sentence when she sunddenly sneezed "AH CHOO"

Minju raised an eyebrow at Chaewon's action as she crossed her arms.

"You were saying?"

Chaewon could only smile sheepishly as she scratched her head as her attempt to not make her girlfriend worry about her well-being failed.

"I'll make something warm so go take a warm bath okay?" Minju cooed softly as she wiped Chaewon's hair with the towel.

"But..."

"But what?"

Chaewon looked up to Minju with puppy dog eyes that she knew Minju wouldn't be able to resist.

"I want kisses"

"You'll get them after you shower"

"Nooo I want them now" Chaewon whined as she shook her shoulders and pouted "Now"

Minju chuckled at her girlfriend's antics before leaning in slowly.

"Okay you big baby" She said before placing her lips on Chaewon's.

********************************

After taking a shower, Chaewon came out to the kitchen wearing one of Minju's white hoodies which were oversized on her.

Her cheeks were red and she was sniffling as she looked like she was in a daze.

It was not a lie to say that all she felt slightly dizzy and wanted to sleep.

Doing the first thing that came to mind, she scanned the kitchen for her Minguri through eyes which looked like they were about to close any moment.

After spotting Minju who was making a bowl of soup, Chaewon groggily walked over to the girl before engulfing her in a hug from the back.

"How are you feeling baby?" Minju asked as she felt arms wrap around her waist and a head leaning against her back.

"Sleepy...."

"Wait for a while hmm? The soup's done" Minju said softly as she turned off the stove and turned around and oh-

She came face-to-face with the most adorable sight she had ever seen. Chaewon's face was slightly flushed in red due to the heat and the hoodie she was wearing made her look smaller than she already was.

"This is not good for my heart oh my god" Minju mentally spoke in her mind as she saw her girlfriend clinging onto her.

"Umm C-chae? Can you move for a bit? I need to go get the bowl"

The only she got in reply was a whine and a tighter hug.

"Don't want to" Chaewon's voice was muffled as the girl had her face buried in Minju's chest.

Minju softly brought her hands up and cupped Chaewon's cheeks to turn her face up.

A tiny pout was present on her face while her eyelids looked heavy.

"Baby.... You look like you have a fever" Minju pressed a kiss to the shorter girl's forehead "Be a good girl and wait for me at the table?"

Minju saw the way Chaewon's eyebrows got together in a frown. She could tell that her girlfriend was having an inner battle whether to listen or to continue hugging her.

"Carry me" Chaewon whispered as she spread her arms wide.

Giggling slightly at the action, Minju smiled softly as she lifted the girl, who immediately wrapped her legs around her waist, and went over to the table.

She carefully placed her down onto the chair before pressing a long peck to her cheek. Minju pulled up the hood of the hoodie to cover Chaewon's head and wow......... She thought she was going to die of cuteness overload at seeing Chaewon.

As Minju went to the kitchen again to place the soup in a bowl, she knew it was going to be a long night taking care of Chaewon.

*************************
Here's a new chapter after 928228 years lolll hope you enjoy and please do comment your thoughts!!