• 13 •

Zabdiel

I was back in California. Anika wanted to stay for one week more and she wanted me to be with her, but I thought that I should give her some space to be with her family.

Joel went to pick me up at the airport and clearly, he was worried about Anika, they all were, this past week they have called and sent messages almost everyday to check up on both of us, and we had a video chat one day and that was the first time in that week that I saw her smile. It broke my heart to leave her there "alone", but I know she needed it.

I was back at my apartment, I even asked Joel if he wanted to come up, but he had a date with someone. I put the keys in the lock, and I was shook that the door was unlocked, I swear I locked the door, I always do, but for my imense surprise I saw the very last person I could expect, sitting in my couch, Catalina.

'What are you doing here? How did you got in in the first place?' I put my things on the ground and left the door open ' You know what, don't even bother to explain, just leave.' Note to self, get the locks changed.

'Don't worry I came back for my things that I left here' she got up and walked towards me, I still haven't moved and the door was still opened

'I made sure that you took everything with you and guess what, you did, now you can leave.'

'Why are you so tense baby? And where is your little girl? I know you two got back together, dumb of her, you'll probably cheat on her again, won't you?' She was getting on my last nerve

'Catalina, just leave. I don't want to see you, remember you were the one that broke up, so now leave' I gestured her to go, but she didn't even move

'Yeah, and thank god I did, imagine if you played me like Anika played with Richard' I left my spot and I got closer to her, my will right now was to punch her ,for talking about Anika like that.

'Get out or I will call the cops, and don't  you ever, EVER, think of mention Anika's name again' She gave me a smirk and she grabbed her bag and coat and started to walk to the door.

'You have her so high in your pedestal, just make sure that she doesn't fall and break...again' She closed the door as she left and I let out a scream.

I need to call Anika, but my major question right now is, who did she got in?

Anika

I was still at my parents house, we were having breakfast and then I would take Anastacia to school, she was 12 years old now, and she was so grown.

'Vente chiquita, nos vamos' I said to her as I got up and put my plate in the sink. Zabdiel has just left to Cali, I wanted him to stay with me for the rest of the week, but he insisted that I need some space alone with my family. I had just taken him to the airport and it broke my heart to say goodbye to him, but I understood him and asked him to call me as soon as he got home. 

Me and Anastacia left the house and got in my mother's car and we drove to her school. 'Do you have your phone with you? Fully charged? If I think that I'm going to be late I want you to know and if you need anything, just text me okay?'

'Yes Nika, I got it, see you later' She kissed my cheek and got out of the car and soon entered her school. Now I was all alone, I haven't talked to my former friends since I moved out, we actually talked on the first couple of months but then life got in the way, so I guess I'll just go to get some groceries for me and for my mom.

°°°

I got home with the groceries and put the bags in the counter 

'MOM YA LLEGUE!!' The fact that I keep on mixing both languages still messes with my head and most of the times I forget a word in both languages. She soon came downstairs, still in her robe and with circles under her eyes. 'Do you have any request for lunch?' She nodded a no with her head, and went to pick a glass of water

'Donde está Zabdiel?' She had been a mess these days, this is why I wanted to stay her for the rest of the week to keep track on her and make sure everything was okay.

'He already left mami, I wanted him to stay, but he insisted that I should have some privacy with you guys' She sat in a stool, as I took the groceries out of the bags

'He's really sorry for that isn't he? ' I nodded my head to her and gave her a weak smile 'You never talked about that with me you know I am here to help you in everything, you that don't you mija?' Eventhough she was in her worst days, she still cared for us, I would understand if she just wanted to be stuck in her room and never leave, I had been through this, but it is not the same. 

I needed to vent with her, we never bought the topic of my miscarriage and the fact that I'm infertil up, she was always comprehensive and always gave me space, since I had much going on, and now that I got back with Zabdiel, I think she is worried if I have a breakdown.

'It was awful, in the first days I had to be in bed for rest and Zabdiel did most of the things by himself, I was recovering physically, but mentally I was worst than ever, then granny died and it broke me to pieces, but Zabdiel stood with me through it. I never thought he was needing help too, and as the years went by I thought that the fact that he cheated was partially my fault because of the lack of attention I was giving him. The fact that I will never be able to carry a chid of my own still breaks my heart to pieces and makes me think I'm useless, of course I didn't want children so soon or at least until Zabdiel would find a proper job, finish his studies and he got everything toghether, but that will never happen and now that we got back toghether I am afraid that he will realise that he wants a baby, and that he will leave me and that is why we have been taking things so slow, because I am afraidn that he will run away again' I was covered in tears, I was a roller coaster of emotions right now and my mom just stood there, without knowing what to say, but she always said something, even if t was just one word.

'Everything will be alright mija, there are other ways for you to have a baby for when you feel ready to, and I think that Zabdiel will not leave you this time, he loves you that much to not commit the same mistakes he did '

Speaking on the devil, Zabdiel was the one calling when my phone started to go off

'It's him, I'll be right back' I left the kitchen and went to the living room, pressing the green button. 'Hi baby, who was your flight? ' I said as I cleaned my tears

'It was good, listen nena, there is something I need to tell you, and promise that you won't freak out' I was scared for what he would say, so I sat on the couch ' but when I came home the door was unlocked, and you know that I always check if the door is closed, but when I got in I saw Catalina sitting in my couch' Catalina? what the fuck? How did she got in in the first place?

'What? How the hell she got in? Are you sure she gave you her key when you two broke up? ' I didn't want to think that he was lying, but my insecurities were telling me otherwise

'I'm pretty sure, I tried the key to see if it was the one, but I already called someone to chnge the locks. I just wanted you to know, and I promise you that, for the time that I was trying to kick her out I always had the door open.'

'Ok, you don't need to justify yourself' actually deep down I knew I needed to hear that ' As long as you promise me that you didn't do anything with her it's okay'

'I am sorry nena' I could sense that he was sad and worry that something would happen

'Don't worry bebe, I love you' I said as I got up and went back to the kitchen, where my mother had put the rest of the groceries back in their places

'I love you to nena'

°°°
This is probably the longest chapter I ever wrote 🥵

So catalina is back and she's not good news now 😬

What do you think she's up to?

-SavingR❤