Chapter 4

So lost was Tony in his thoughts that he didn't hear the lab door open.  

"Mr. Stark?" the young voice of Peter Parker snapped Tony out of his thoughts. Tony quickly shut the diary and covered it under a few research papers. 

"Hey Underoos. What are you doing here?" he said while glancing at the clock. "It's eleven 'o'clock. Way past your bedtime buddy."

"I came to tell you that Mr. Doctor Strange is back from his multi-dimension mission and that you should come up. But if you're busy right now, that's alright. I really shouldn't be bothering you." Peter rambled. "But I think they are gonna start fighting soon and I really think you should come."

"Peter you didn't have to come to tell me this. FRIDAY could have told me."

"Actually boss, I did tell you." a female robotic voice spoke. "But you didn't listen. So I called him."

Tony didn't realize that he was that absorbed in the diary. Shaking his head, "Yeah sorry. Come on, let's go."

As they both headed upstairs they heard shouting. This made them pick up their pace. As they came closer they were able to make out what the argument was about,

"Well, how do you know that Loki isn't just playing another trick. He is the God of Lies afterall."

"Loki is not playing any trick, Strange." Thor's deep voice was resonating with suppressed rage. 

"Peter, go, get Steve and Bruce." Peter nodded and rushed off. Tony knew that he would only make matters worse. Diplomatic conversations weren't really his thing. But he could at least stall for a while. 

"Last time I checked he took over the throne of Asgard and killed your father."

"My brother-"

"Oh come on, he isn't even your brother, Thor."

Tony heard something heavy move and he quickly went in. Thor was standing and he looked he was ready for murder. On the other side of the room was a man with a red cloak around his shoulders known as Doctor Stephen Strange. 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Tony spoke up causing both of the residents of the room to look towards him. "Don't wreck the nice living room guys. Break it up."

Thor sent a murderous look towards Strange and then sat down heavily. Bruce, Steve and Peter came running in. 

"What happened? Peter said something about a fight breaking out." Bruce asked panting. 

Tony turned towards them, "Yeah it's alright now. Just these two having a go at it." he pointed behind him. "Why were you fighting by the way?"

Strange gave a weary sigh, "I tried to locate Loki."

"And?" Steve inquired. 

"I can't find him."

"W-what do you mean you can't find him?" Bruce fiddled with his glasses. 

"It means that due to the fact we don't have any of Loki's personal belongings or any relatives my spell is weaker."

"But you should still be able to give us a city or a general location right? You did that before." Steve asked, referring to a mission a few months ago. 

"And that is where our second problem comes in. It seems that he cannot track him as Loki has subconsciously put up some sort of cloaking spell."

"You can't subconsciously put up a cloaking spell. It requires great focus. He is purposely hiding himself."

"And I have told you sorcerer that this spell comes as second nature to him. This is one of the spells he is best at." It was obvious that Thor was starting to get irritated with his behavior. 

"How are you so sure that he's not just planning another attack?" Strange pressed on. 

"Why would he wait for a year? He could've attacked when we were weakened by the war." Thor countered. 

"Maybe to gain everyone's trust and learn their weaknesses."

"Well he really didn't earn much trust, that's for sure." Bruce muttered under his breath. Tony and Steve heard though and the words twisted their guts with guilt. 

Thor and Strange looked ready to fight again so Steve decided to intervene, "Alright stop. Thor you go with Bruce and Stephen you're coming with me."

Tony decided that this was the best moment for him to go too. He needed to continue reading. "Well as everything looks great here I'll be going to my room too."

And with that he took off down the hallway leaving the rest bewildered at his behavior. As soon as he entered the lab he locked the door and picked up where he left off. He had decided. He had to find the truth. He didn't care what anyone would think. 

He had to know what happened in the trickster's life that changed him so much. He would stay up all night if he had to. He had pulled all nighters before. This wouldn't be any different. 
       __________________________________

A bloodied pair of tweezers were set aside in a tray by a woman who had red hair and gray eyes. This woman, who went by the name of Jennifer Austin, was staring in shock at the bandaged man lying on her sofa. This man was none other than Loki, God of Mischief. 

The same God who had attacked Earth so many years ago and fought in the battle against Thanos and later joined the Avengers. And she had just bandaged and cleaned his wounds and burns. She looked him over. 

She noticed that his whole body was covered in scars of various kinds. They seemed like scars of severe burns and cuts. 

"I wonder how he got them." she said out loud almost anticipating an answer like last time. Nothing. She sat on the floor with a great thump. She was tired. 

She had dragged the God of Mischief into the house, which was no easy task. He was really heavy. She prevented more of his blood from being lost than it already had been from a nasty gash in his stomach and wrapped them. Oh, she was so glad she became a doctor. 

'Well never thought I'd meet him like this again.' she thought to herself. 

She remembered just a couple of months ago that the very person lying in front of her had saved her and her best friend's and many others' lives from being crushed under falling debris. Without him, she wouldn't even be here. 

So in her opinion this was her way of thanking him for saving her life and was one of the reasons she hadn't called the police. 

She stretched very much like a cat before getting up. She was going to her room. She deserved the rest. 

She looked back once again to see Loki's face appearing completely peaceful. He looked quite young or maybe that was the sleep deprivation. She hadn't had a good rest for some time now. She shrugged and went off. 

She wasn't afraid of him getting up and killing her because for one he was a good guy now, right? And two, she was sure that with such wounds it would take a little while before he could even move.
                ____________________________
Welp here you go folks. The next chapter. Jennifer is my OC that I randomly thought up one day. And I had to mention what happened to Loki.

If anyone was OOC or something I am sorry. Thank you for reading. Don't forget to tell me what you think.
Once again sorry if there were typos. ^^'

Your sincerely,
YeranJ