Chapter 19

Yes folks another chapter! This is all I have now. You'll also be glad to know that the fic is coming to a close.

So, here's to hoping you'll like this chapter. ^^
________________________
"I've found him." Doctor Strange declared.

With that he opened a portal. Tony, Bruce, Steve and Thor went through. They ended up in a bustling marketplace. As soon as they did though a person with short brown hair bumped into Thor.
________________________

"Come on Luke." Jenny urged the disguised God of Mischief, Rose in her arms and Helena by her side, who at the moment was surrounded by kids who were hugging his legs.

"I would if your kids would leave me." he said with mock exasperation. Jenny chuckled.

"Come on guys, leave Uncle Luke will ya? He has to go to the market." Maria called to the children while laughing, earning a glare from the poor mischief maker. Rory, who had volunteered for babysitting, was smirking at the tricksters dilemma.

The kids finally let go after a bit of coaxing and promises of sweets and chocolates when they returned.

"Well that took time." Loki said.

"It just means they like you. You've seen how attached they are to Maria as well haven't you?"

"Her situation is worse than mine. They climb her back to prevent her from leaving." He reminded his friend, earning a laugh.

"See? So stop complaining."

Loki only rolled his eyes. Taking another turn they arrived at the only place in High Wycombe that was filled with hustle and bustle of people. The market.

Jenny went up to a stall where an elderly woman was buying apples. Loki went on to buy other things, Helena going with him. "Hello, Grandma Matilda. How are you?" Jenny greeted the old woman politely.

The woman, currently arguing about prices with the shopkeeper looked towards them, her frown instantly turning into a grin. "Well, if it isn't our Doctor. How have you been, child? Haven't seen you for so long now." She hugged her.

"Grandma, it's just been three days."

"Feels like forever. And little Rosetta." She always called Rosie that. "How's the little one doing?", she cooed whilst making funny faces eliciting giggles from the little girl. The little girl reached out for the elderly woman making Matilda laugh as well. "So how are the rest of them?"

"They're well. What about you? Is your cold better?"

"Oh darling it's great. I've never felt better. Why else do you think I'm here arguing with this greedy sod." She pointed towards the shopkeeper who only rolled his eyes. Apparently he was already accustomed to the woman's demeanor.

At that moment Loki came back holding the bags of groceries. "I've got the vegetables and the meat. Anything else-ah ah ah" He was cut off as his cheek was pulled by the elderly woman. "Good afternoon Grandma Matilda." Loki instantly recognized the person. "Can you stop stretching my cheek all the way to China now?"

"Why should I? You're too cute, you know that boy?" But she did let go. Reluctantly.

"How are you?" Loki asked the woman while rubbing his abused cheek. As brash as she was she had a good heart. And for some reason found him irresistibly cute. He couldn't even begin to count the amount of times she had pulled his cheeks. He was just surprised that they hadn't stretched.

"I'm fine boy."

"Really? Because I'm sure that only a mad person would assault someone's cheeks like that."