Chapter 20

Alright! New chapter. And if my count is right, second last. Woo-hoo.

Enjoy people!
                   ________________________
The Avengers were used to fighting the aliens by now. They had been doing so for the past year. And yet this attack was unlike any other. They came out of nowhere, were completely undetected until they entered the atmosphere and were thousands in number. During the course of the fight, they had split up with Steve joining Clint and Nat who came through Strange’s portal.

Tony had recklessly flown off somewhere. Hulk’s roars could be heard over the fighting. Thor was laying waste as well with his lightning giving the only indication. Wanda and Vision were helping in the evacuation, making sure no one got hurt anymore than they already were.

“Does anyone know where Tony is?” Captain America asked while beating down one of the aliens. 

Nat shot at two aliens closing in on Clint. “No. We haven’t seen him ever since he flew off.” 

“His comm isn’t working either.” Clint supplied after managing to take down three aliens with one arrow. “Dammit how the  hell are there so many? I want some coffee now.”
                    ________________________
Tony was shooting down as many as he could. The only problem was as soon as he shot one down four more came in his place.

“What the-” he yelled as the one alien clamped on his back fell.

He looked around to see a very familiar dagger embedded in it’s head. Loki appeared behind him and sent off a blast of green energy effectively destroying at least thirty of them in one go. 

“Thanks Loki.” Tony couldn’t help but yell at the god. A look of shock crossed Loki’s features before he went back to destroying the aliens again. Tony shrugged before averting his attention back to the fight. He was worried though the roars and thunder told that Thor and Bruce were working just fine. He hoped Clint, Nat and Steve were alright too.

He looked back towards Loki who had a determined look on his face, hitting the aliens with energy blasts on a long range and using his daggers to destroy any that came near.

Show off. Tony thought to himself before his attention was diverted by the aliens surrounding him. Tony cursed as he sent another four flying off. But it didn't prove much help as more kept on coming. 'How many are there dammit!'

He heard a yell only to see one of them stab Loki with his own knife in the shoulder. It was all the distraction they needed as the aliens piled on top of him, pinning him down. Tony felt them scratch at his armor. He felt more pile up on him. His nanobots couldn't keep up with the amount of claws scratching away at him.

He saw a green blast hit one of them diverting their attention. Tony pulled his arm free and blasted another as Loki's dagger took down two. Together they managed to keep them at bay.

"Your shoulder alright?" Tony asked.

Loki glared at him. "This wound means nothing to me Stark. You should focus on yourself." With that he diverted his attention back at the aliens.

They didn't know how long they had been fighting but Tony was getting tired. And so was Loki if the beads of sweat lining his forehead were any indication. Suddenly a great explosion rocked the ground. Tony looked up and saw two buildings closest to him come crashing towards them.

He moved to fly away but the aliens, having taken advantage of his distraction, pinned him down.

"Dammit there's too many." he cried as he tried blasting them off. He looked to the left to see that Loki wasn't fairing any better. In his panic he deployed his missiles which effectively went off next to him. His suit got a beating and the laat thing he saw as he blacked out was Loki managing to get free.
                    ________________________
Tony woke up blearily trying to remember where he was. He squinted to look in the dim light. "Friday?" he called.