Chapter 5

Bruce woke up with a start as his alarm blared up. He groaned into his pillow muttering that the mornings always came too soon. He sat up wearily, shutting his still beeping alarm clock and rubbed the heel of his hands into his heavy eyes trying to get rid of the sleep that was forcing him to go back to  where he was a few seconds ago. 

He yawned. He was tired. He had stayed up all night, trying to calm Thor down. 

Flashback
After Tony had walked out Bruce took Thor by the arm who still looked ready to fight Dr. Strange then and there. He had to practically drag Thor out of the room which was no easy task for him. 

As soon as they entered Thor's room, Thor started pacing, looking quite like a lion about to pounce to Bruce. He knew he had to word things carefully. 

"Thor." Bruce began. Thor gave no indication of hearing him but he continued. "Thor you need to calm down, alright?"

He abruptly stopped and turned towards Bruce, "How?" he questioned and though he sounded angry, Bruce could hear the underlying sadness and worry. "How can I calm down when my brother is out there hurt?"

"Thor we are searching for him. And as soon as we find him we will bring him here and heal him until he looks as good as new."

Thor gave a small bark of laughter. He sat down on his bed, putting his head in his hands and gave off an air of defeat. 

"Do you know what is the worst part of our current predicament, Banner? That after all, Loki and I have been through he still doesn't trust me to tell the truth."

"Wh-what do you mean Thor?"

His head shot up, 

"I was blind Bruce. Everytime I came to visit him I never noticed that he was not happy here." he gulped, "He always greeted me with a smile and said he was having a good time and I believed him."

"But now I can see that you all never really accepted him here did you?" Thor looked pointedly at Bruce. 

Bruce couldn't decide whether to tell him yes or no. Taking a deep breath to calm his frayed nerves he spoke, "Thor I trusted him. I still trust him. After that battle with your crazy sister I saw that he had changed. And I promise I will try my best to find Loki alright?"

This brought a small smile to Thor's lips and he thanked Bruce for his kind words of encouragement.
End Flashback 

Bruce shook his head. He went into the bathroom, performed his morning routine and felt a little more fresh, if only slightly. Looking around he decided to check up on Tony. He was acting strange yesterday and distant. Well, distant for Tony. So he made his way to the lab. 
                _________________________

Tony Stark at the current moment was sleeping in his lab. Last night he had sat down so that he could further read what was written in the diary but alas, it was not meant to be. 

As soon as he had read the first word Pepper had come and told him to look at some emails of Stark Industries. Just as he was about to protest she gave him such a look that he diligently started working, no questions asked. 

It was 3 'o' clock in the morning when he was done and he had just put his head down on the table to rest his eyes. Before he knew it, he was sound asleep. 

Now he was woken up by Bruce Banner who was knocking quite loudly on the door. He yawned and rubbing his eyes asked his AI, "FRIDAY, who is it?" 

"It's Doctor Banner, boss."