Chapter 13

Welp. Here's the next chapter as well. I've written these so I've decided to publish them to make up for the days that I missed.

Enjoy. I hope you do enjoy.
             _____________________________
Tony at the current moment could say he was thoroughly and utterly drunk. Pepper was going to kill him. But maybe death was better that this damn guilt in his chest.

Seriously, it had been a whole day since he had last touched that damned black book. And he was still drinking. Pepper was really going to kill him. Either that or the extreme hangover he would feel after this would. Tony believed it would be the hangover as Pepper was away.

Tony rested his head on the counter, a glass still in his hand but empty. He heard the elevator door open. He wanted to tell whoever it was that had entered his personal rooms to get the hell out but couldn't find the energy to do so.

"Oh God Tony, what happened to you?", Tony heard the soft tone of his science bro. He looked up, his face splitting into a big grin.

"Brucie, my partner in crime. Come in, come in." He proceeded to take out a glass from the shelf.

Facing towards Bruce who sat on the stool, looking around nervously, he asked, "So, what would you like?" Without even receiving an answer he poured a shot.

"Nothing really. And I think you should stop too."

"What? Why? I'm fine. Just a little tipsy. Nothing more." Tony found it funny that not two minutes ago did he declare himself drunk and was now denying it.

Bruce only gave him an incredulous look. Tony tried to use his muddled brain to think of a different topic. "So, watcha doin' here?"

"I wanted to show you something-", Tony congratulated himself on successfully changing the topic, "-but seeing as your too drunk to function I'll tell you later."

Tony frowned. "I'm fine, Brucie. Your worried for nothing y'know." To show that he raised another full glass to his mouth. Before he could down it's contents Bruce snatched the glass from him.

"Hey that's mine."

"Why are you even drinking that much?"

Tony stayed silent. He didn't want to tell him it was because of someone who was at the moment missing, hurt and went by tue name of Loki. So, he kept his mouth shut.

Bruce stared at him for a second. "It's because of Loki isn't it?"

"Nooo."

Bruce only raised an eyebrow. And seeing him sitting there,  Tony realized he could tell Bruce. Bruce would understand right? And so, his brain, filled with a drunken haze, willed his tongue to speak.

"You know Bruce, I've got a lot of things on my mind. There's Peter and Harley. They're two kids I adopted without even realizing it. And I'm so worried about them. Then there's Pepper. She wants me to work. I hate those stupid e-mails she sends me about the company.", Tony complained.

And all of you guys too. But you know what the biggest thing on my mind is." Tony paused. Flexed his hand, then continued as if nothing happened.

"Loki. I feel so bad. I mean, the poor guy had nothing good on Asgard except for his mum. And all I did, instead of giving him a second chance, was make his life just as bad. And I feel horrible about it."
            _____________________________
And Tony sat there, telling all his thoughts to Bruce. Bruce knew that Tony must've been really drunk to tell this much. But he knew Tony had to get this off if his chest.

And they sat there with, Tony talking and Bruce listening. After a few hours, Tony started dosing. Bruce shook his head and gently woke the dosing Tony up.

"Wha- what do you want?", he grumbled.

"Come on Tony. Let's get you to bed, hmm?"

Tony slowly got up and looked around for his glass. "Where is it? Where's the rum?"

"It's gone." Bruce was confused.

"Why is the rum gone?"

Bruce sighed. Slinging Tony's arm around his shoulder, he almost dragged the drunk engineer to his room. Setting his softly down, he said goodnight and left, not before putting a headache medicine on the drawer.
             ______________________________
Tony groaned and grabbed his throbbing head. Dammit. He must've drunk too much yesterday. He remembered Bruce coming into the bar but the rest was a blank.

Getting up he saw the clock showed 9:00 am. And right next to it, luckily, painkillers. Good. He needed those. He washed his face and went down into the kitchen for the holy grail that was coffee.

In the kitchen he was greeted to the site of Peter Parker, hanging upside down from the ceiling!

"Peter?!", Tony yelled again.

Peter fell down, quite hard. "Ow. What happened?"

"You tell me. You were the one on the ceiling." Tony folded his arms.

Peter looked confused. "On the ceiling? But Mr. Stark, I was just using my mobile and then you yelled my name-"

"-and you fell. But forget that, what are you even doing here?"

"School's off. And before you say anything I asked Aunt May. She said I could come here."

Tony only raised his eyebrow. "Honestly I think you spend more time in the tower than you do in your own home."

Peter only smiled sheepishly. Bruce chose that moment to come in. "Good morning." It was apparent he had just woken up.

"Hi Doctor Bruce." Bruce stopped in his tracks upon hearing Peter's voice.

"What's Peter doing here?"

Peter moved to answer but Bruce waved him off. "How are you feeling Tony?"

"Was Mr. Stark ill?", Peter asked worriedly.

"I wasn't ill Underoos. Don't worry. Just a killer headache." he took a sip of his coffee.

"Oh ok. Are you sure?", Peter still asked. Before he could recieve an answer, or a sarcastic comment in Tony's case, his phone rang.

"Yeah MJ, it's Peter. Everything's ready? Awesome, I'll ve right down."

"What was that?"

"The Guardians are staying here for a while Mr. Stark. I was gonna show them around with MJ and Ned. So I gotta go or we'll be late." And with that he walked out of the room.

Tony looked at Bruce with a surprised expression. "Can you believe that kid?"

Bruce only chuckled before becoming serious. "Tony, I need to tell you something. I was reading the diary yesterday."

"What? Why'd you read it? We were supposed to read it together."

"I just read a little further alright? Do you know know what it was about?"

"No I wouldn't, as I didn't read it!", Tony sulkily spoke. Bruce only rolled his eyes.

"Tony, it was about Loki coming to Earth."

"You mean in 2012."

"No. That's the thing. It was the late 19th century. He wrote it."

"Reindeer games has been to earth before?", Tony couldn't help the surprise shown on his face.
            _____________________________
Well yeah. I felt like ending it here. Hope you like it. Tell me what you think. I hope no one's OOC and sorry for the mistakes.

I know it's not up to my usual level. I'm sorry. I'm not very satisfied with this chapter bit I've changed it four times in one day. Forgive me if you didn't like it.

Thank you for reading.

Your sincerely,
YeranJ.