Chapter 2

Warnings: None.
————————————————————————
Recap:

I turn to see the U.S. team. I see Becky talking to Alyssa Naeher and my heart flutters a little. I shake my head, I can't be feeling like this, I get hurt every time.

I get into the car and make my way back to the hotel. I get back before the girls arrive. I quickly grab my equipment and head to my room.

When I get to my room I set my equipment down and take a shower. Once I finish I put on a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I lay on the bed and I think about what happened.

I don't want to get hurt again.
———
Present

Andrea's POV:

Right now I am getting ready for the third place game. Since the semifinals game, Lucy has been trying to get me to contact Becky. She hasn't been pressuring me or anything like that though because she knows how I am.

I change into my clothes and grab my equipment. I look at the black bracelet in my bag, I contemplate on rather to put it on or not. I close my bag and put in on the floor. Then I make my way down to the lobby and I see Lucy talking to Keira. I give Lucy a small smile and she smiles back.

I continue walking to the rental car and I start to put my things in. "Drea," I hear and I turn to face Lucy.

"What's up," I ask.

"I got you something," Lucy says with a bright smile.

I look at her confused, "What is it?"

"Here," Lucy says handing me a piece of paper.

I take the paper and see a phone number. "Whose number is this," I ask her seriously.

"That is Becky's number," Lucy says and my eyes widen, "And I gave her yours."

"Why did you do that," I ask.

"Because you need to interact and meet new people," Lucy says.

"I do interact with people," I say.

"When was the last time you talked to someone besides someone in the family for more than five minutes," Lucy asks with her arms crossed.

I sigh and look down. "I just don't want to get hurt, Luce."

"And you won't. I trust Becky," she says.

I know that if Lucy can trust someone, I can trust them too. "Alright, I'll think about it and we'll see what happens."

Lucy smiles and pulls me into a hug. "Thank you," she mumbles.

"Yeah, yeah," I say with a chuckle.

"Now I have to head inside because we are leaving soon, but you go to get your cameras set up," Lucy says and pulls away.

"Sounds good, bye big sis," I say and open the car door.

"Bye little sis," Lucy says and walks back inside.

I get in the car and look at the piece of paper. I put the paper in my pocket and pull out of the parking lot. On my way to the stadium I get a call. I answer my phone and put in on speaker, "Hello?"

"Hola, Andrea," the person says. (Hi, Andrea.)

I smile brightly, "Hola, Vero. ¿Comó estás?" (Hi, Vero. How are you?)

"Estoy bien. ¿Qué hay de tí?" (I am good. How about you.)

"Estoy bien," I say as I pull into the staff parking lot at the stadium. (I'm good.)