Chapter 3

Warnings: None.
————————————————————————
Recap:

"Alright, I think that's enough questions for now," Becky says and I am grateful she did.

"Thank you," I mumble when everyone stops looking at me.

"Of course," Becky says.

The plane then gets ready to take off and I tense a little. "Are you ok," Becky asks.

"Just hate flying," I say as I close my eyes.

Becky laces her fingers with mine and I feel more at ease. I take a deep breath once we are in the air.

How and why is Becky Sauerbrunn making me feel like this?
———
Present

Andrea's POV:

We just got to New York City. I am on my assigned float with my camera. I am sitting on one of the seats making sure my camera is ready when Becky sits next to me.

"Hey," I say as I continue to work on my camera.

"You're so concentrated," Becky says which causes me to chuckle.

"Alright, it's all set," I say.

The other girls who are assigned on this float get on. "So, what are you doing after you take pictures for today? Like where are you going," Becky asks.

"Probably go back to England," I say and I see Becky tense a little.

"You ok," I ask.

"Yeah," she says and looks down then stands up and walks away to talk to some of the girls.

I sigh and feel my heart break a little. She probably doesn't want to talk to me.

"Alright girls, we're starting in thirty seconds," one of the workers say.

The team cheers and I just sigh and stand up to get ready to take pictures.

"Five, four, three, two, one," a worker said and the floats start moving and the crowd starts to cheer.

I start taking pictures.

After an hour or two, the parade ends and now the team is receiving their keys to the city. Becky hasn't talked to me since our last talk on the float and I'm not gonna lie, it hurts.

I am standing in front of the crowd and I start to take pictures once the ceremony begins.

After a couple minutes the team starts to get their keys. When Becky goes up I see her smile and my heart flutters. I sigh and take the picture and then Becky walks back to sit down.

Once the ceremony ends the girls have to head back to the airport to go to the ESPY'S. "Ms. Bronze," someone says behind me and I turn to Jill Ellis.

"Yes," I say.

"Would you like for us to book you a flight to London or would you like to come to the ESPY'S," Jill asks.

I look back at Becky. She is talking to Ali, but looks away for a second and her and my eyes connect. She instantly looks away and my heart breaks. "I would like to return home," I tell Jill as I face her.

"Of course, I'll have someone brings you your things over and we'll get that ticket for you," Jill says and I nod gratefully then she walks away.

I sit in a seat away from the team and just stare at my feet. "You know, there's something different about you," Ashlyn says as she sits next to me.