Chapter 20

"I'll give him one more chance

"I'll give him one more chance. It will be the last." I said hesitantly while looking at my empty plate.

"Oh, sure. The last." She replied sarcastically while rolling her eyes.

We decided to go home and we separated ways at the parking lot.

I drived my way home.

As I stepped out of my car, I was shock to see the lights on inside the house. But I remembered turning them off before I went out.

The door was also open so I was starting to get nervous. What if it's a burglar? What if he decides to kill me because I caught him? Fuck!

I opened the door slowly. I was ready to punch someone with my fist but I saw Gavin sitting on the sofa, he looks tired. Really tired..

When he heard my footsteps, he raised his head then looked at me. He showed me a small smile but what caught my attention was his eyes.. He was forcing himself not to cry..

"Gavin.. You're actually home. I thought hindi ka makaka-uwi." I placed my bag on the table and sitted beside him after but he distanced himself and stood up instead.

"I just need to say something to you then after.. I'll go back to the company."

My nervousness came back because he was too serious, more than he usually is.

Sa lagay na toh, may hula na ako sa mga susunod na mangyayari..

"Hm? What is it, baby?" I asked with no emotion on my face.

"We.. We need to end this, Estella. Even I don't want to but we.. We really need to break up."

I didn't answer and just stared at him. I know that he'll break up with me but I didn't expect him to be this straight forward..

"You know why? Do you want to know my reason? Huh, baby?"

My hand that was placed over my thigh formed a fist. He's breaking up with me, he's breaking my heart at this very second but he still had the audacity to call me baby.

I.. I'm speechless..

"It's because of your overdose love. Let's be honest, let's be mature enough to admit to ourselves that this relationship will be the downfall of us. You're too overdose on love, on our love that I'm starting to doubt it. I'm starting to doubt you, Estella."

"What the actual fuck, Gavin? Alam mo ba yang pinagsasabi mo sa harap ko, sa akin? Ha?!"

I couldn't handle the fire that was starting to build up inside me. I raised my voice at him for the first time. In our three years of relationship, I have never ever been this mad at him.

He sighed before continuing like I said nothing.

"I can't figure out if you're really inlove with me or you're just inlove with the thought of being inlove, feeling love. Sooner or later, we need to separate ways and might as well make it now, baby."