Chapter 30

"Babe, are you ready?" I heard Coll's voice across the room

"I said don't call me babe!"

He has been teasing me for the past few days after he's been accused of being my boyfriend.

We are both at Cora's place right now. And let me tell you that her house is huge. I thought my house was big but it was nothing compared to hers.

She wasn't alone here though, she had three maids and tons of guards around her house. She also had 3 puppies running and playing by her side.

She has a 1 year old Golden retriever named Kalaw, a 9 month old Siberian husky named July and last but not the least, her rescued shitzu. His name is Nary.

I came out of the guest room and sat on the sofa bed in Cora's room. I watched her smoothen the edge of her fitted off shoulder dress. After that, she put on some light makeup while looking at me through the mirror.

"Nervous?" She asked then puckered her lips to fix her lipstick.

I only nodded as I watched her walk my way. She fixed my hair a bit and put the strands that was blocking my vision behind my ear.

"They're nice naman eh, patient pa. Kinabahan rin ako nung unang beses ko silang nakilala since na-discover lang naman ako while I was walking inside the mall. I didn't planned or even wanted to be a model in the first place but habang patagal ng patagal, I can't seem to distance myself from the industry anymore." She bended her knees so she can level her face with mine.

"I know you'll enjoy it."

She lended out her arm infront of me and as a response, I put my hand above her palm.

"Halika, babe's been waiting for us sa labas. Sasabay lang si Coll since he needs a ride papuntang hospital which is near lang naman ng company kung saan ako nagwo-work."

Tumango lang ako at naki-sabay sakanyang maglakad. I kept overthinking things so I was quiet through half of the ride while they talked about things in the car.

"Bye." I said while waving at Coll since he looked like he was waiting for me before he got off the car.

I looked infront and saw Jay looking disgusted while Cora was looking at me with a teasing expression.

"Yes?" I said, provoking her.

"Oh, nothing. Ya'll just seem cute, I wonder kung kailan siya magsta-start." She turned her head to the road when Jay started driving again.

"Start to what?" I didn't understood her joke, honestly.

She didn't answer, nor did Jay so I stayed quiet. I felt sleepy since it was so early in the morning, I was about to close my eyes but I felt the car stop.

I looked outside and saw that we were already infront of our destination.

"XModel..." I read out loud.