Chapter 8 - 4 Weeks

March 18, 2013

It had been about four weeks since Luke left. We had packed everything up, and we were now living in Perth, near Jayden, Jordyn and Jessica. Jayden lived on his own and so did Jordyn, but Jessica lived with her husband and one year old son, Jaxon.

I was still not over Luke. I was still sad he wasn't here. I was still mad on the inside at my parents for making me move away from my childhood and part-teenage home. It was where everything of me and Luke was.

Anyways, I was in my new room, unpacking more of my things. I didn't even have half the boxes unpacked. If I needed something, I'd dig through a box for it. I took something out of a box, and I randomly threw up after running to the bathroom attached to my new room. I threw up, one thing that worried me. Another thing that worried me was the fact that my period hadn't come since Luke left. It had been about four weeks, and my period was usually regular. I thought and thought, then realized: Luke and I had unprotected sex right before he left.

I had my mum drive me to the doctors and we waited in the waiting room.

A few minutes into waiting, a nurse called my name. I told my mum that I would go back alone. She stayed in the waiting room while I walked back into one of the rooms. The nurse motioned me to sit down on the table.

"So, Jenna, how old are you?" She asked.

"15" I answered.

"And why are you here today? Anything bothering you?"

"Well, I threw up randomly this morning, and I have not gotten my period for a month or so now."

"Okay.. Have you had any unprotected sex with anyone in the past few weeks?"

"Um.. well.. yes"

"Okay, then I'll have you lay down and we'll do an ultrasound"

I laid down and she got out the equipment. She then put the really cold gel on my stomach. She moved the stick around my stomach, then went, "Hmm.."

"What?" I asked.

"Here it is.. You're four weeks pregnant!! Congratulations!"

"I-I can't be... I'm only 15!! And-and the dad is away... I don't know what to do!!!"

"It'll be okay, and I bet your family will help you, sweetie."

"I guess.. Thank you"

"You're welcome"

I walked out of the room after she cleaned me off, and I walked out to my mum who was now in the car.

"So.. What happened?" She didn't even know that I thought I was pregnant. So, I told her, "mum.. Um.. I'm pregnant.."

Her eyes widened, mouth dropped open, head leaned towards me. "You're what!?"

"I-I'm pregnant... And the dad is Luke..."

"Oh my god, honey!! What happened?!"

"It was right before he left.. I'm sorry mum"

"It's okay sweetie... Are you gonna tell him?"

"Well.. I don't know. I don't think so. I don't want to ruin his career.. and we're already broken up."

"Well, sweetie, we'll help you. Don't worry"

"Thanks mum"

We drove the rest of the way home, and my mum parked in the driveway. She looked over at me before we got out and said, "you want me to tell your dad?"