Chapter 8: Girl Behind The Mask Part 1

Waking up the next morning after the surprise last night, I woke up to see Recovery Girl changing my bloody bandages. I looked around, but couldn't see anybody else from my friend group.

"Where are my friends?" I asked.

"Oh! You're awake! They're at school, it's 7:34 am."

"Oh. Thank you for telling me, Miss."

"Of course...! Well, you're wounds are almost healed. If you want to go to school now, you may, but I will highly suggest wearing some bandages. As to not open your wounds again."

"Okay, I will take your suggestion, thank you!"

"Of course. You're friend, Adriana I think her name was, brought you some clothes and your bag."

"Thank you, Miss," I replied as Recovery Girl lightly laid my neat, folded clothes in my hands.

Getting up, I winced at the pain I felt, but kept it hidden. Standing on my own, I snapped my fingers and immediately felt the clothes and backpack on my back.

"Thank you efor letting me go to school again."

"Don't mention it, it's my pleasure. Just don't forget to tell your teachers where you were, okay?"

"Will do, wouldn't want my teachers freaking out. Bye, Miss Recovery Girl!"

"Bye, Miss Naoko! Make sure to go easy on yourself, and stay in your Reaper form until all the wounds heal properly!"

"I will! Thank you!"

Walking through the bright, sunlit halls, I found myself pausing once in a while to stop and look at the flowers that grew outside. Looking outside, I realized that nightmares aren't so scary in the sunlight. It was a calming thought that always occurred to me whenever I was scared of something.

"What I fear, I create. That's a good quote, don't know who it's from but it's good nonetheless. It teaches a good lesson not to fear anything," I mumbled to myself as I walked to class with a slight limp from my left side.

Looking to my right, I saw inside of the classrooms as the shades for the windows weren't there. I paused halfway between class 1-B and 1-C catching the students and their teachers staring at me. I looked at myself, realizing what they saw.

Eh, I have to stay in this form until my wounds heal so there's no point in trying to change back...honestly, who cares if they see anymore, I thought to myself and shrugged.

Looking back over to the students and teachers I waved high, smiled a bit and moved on. Looking back, the students faces were up against the windows with their jaws on the floor. Chuckling a bit, I felt a bit proud to be the Grim Reaper now. Well, at least the students from Class 1-B and 1-C don't know who I am. That makes life a bit easier. Already in front of Class 1-A's door, I took a deep breath, slid open the door and slowly walked into class.
The first face that I saw, was Hawks'. His face lit up with a smile when he saw me walking in. Smiling back, I nodded at Hawks, seeing him made me so much more happier.

"Where have you been all of this time? And why are you in another form?" Aizawa demanded to know.

"I was in Recovery Girl's office. She said that I have to stay in this form until all of my injuries from the attack heal," I said while lifting up my shirt to reveal the heavy bandaging.