Chapter 17: Under The Stars

« Shinsou's POV »

I could feel my cheeks flush as I saw Naoko standing up to Hawks in the form of slapping him. I looked at Hawks' face as his head slowly turned back to face Naoko. He had a bright red slap mark clear on his face. Passerby's in the hallway oohed as they saw the scene. Soon after she had realized what she had done, Naoko bowed quickly and apologized. Naoko gently grabbed both Adriana and I's wrist and dragged us away from the scene.

"That was so embarrassing!" I could hear Naoko mutter under her breath.

My cheeks continued to flush as I replayed the scene over and over and over again in my head, I was impressed to say the least.

"Well, I thought that was pretty impressive. I've never seen you stand up to your ex like that, much less slap him..!" I attempted to compliment Naoko for what she had done, failing miserably in the process.

By the time I knew it, the three of us were forced into Naoko's dorm. Slinging her book bag off of her shoulder, Naoko threw the bag across the room, landing next to her desk. As Adriana and I sat down, Adriana on the chair under her desk, while I sat on her bed next to Midnight, Naoko was with her back to the door. Sliding down the wooden door, Naoko clamped her hands on her head, clutching it frustratingly. Out of the blue, I saw Midnight open her diamond blue eyes, snapping her head in Naoko's direction.

Jumping off the bed, I saw Midnight trot over to Naoko, head butting her thigh before leaping into Naoko's lap. Naoko opened her eyes, looking down before gently caressing Midnight's black fur. Midnight purred and continued laying in Naoko's lap, even with me calling her to come to me.

"Well, I guess she likes you a lot! She normally doesn't like it when other people pet her. You're the first one she doesn't wanna leave! She won't even come to me, now that's a surprise!" I chuckled awkwardly.

Gently cradling Midnight's delicate form in her arms, Naoko got up from her position, walking over to me. Sitting down next to me on her bed, Naoko continued to pet Midnight as Midnight fell asleep in her arms. Looking at Midnight, Naoko slowly brought her head up to meet my gaze. Breathing deeply and closing her eyes, Naoko laid her head against my shoulder, comfortably leaning against me. As quickly as I had stiffened up a bit, I swiftly relaxed as Naoko let out a deep exhale.

Moving Naoko's head onto my lap, I lightly brushed stray hairs out of her face. Her bright, beautiful heterochromic eyes brightened at the sight of me when she opened her eyes. Sitting up once again, Naoko stretched, taking on a whole new personality as she bolted upright after setting Midnight down on the bed. Propping her hands on her hips, Naoko puffed up her chest, inhaling deeply before announcing what we were to do next.

"Here here! Ladies and gentlemen, I declare that we go out today!" Naoko said proudly.

"Haha! Nao, you always know how to make us laugh." Adriana said while the both of us chuckled at Naoko's bipolar personality.

"Well~? Who's with me?!" Naoko punched the air as she whipped her head around to look for our approval.

"I'm down!" Adriana jumped up from her seat to meet Naoko in the same position.

They both now looking at me for approval, I shrugged my shoulders and finally gave in.

"I'm down too!" I chuckled as Naoko and Adriana both jumped up and down, squealing with excitement.

"Let's goo~!!" Naoko jumped in the air, hovering for a moment before lightly making contact with the wooden flooring again.

"Okay! You guys go to your dorms and change, meet me outside the UA Gates!" Naoko exclaimed.