Chapter 19: Despair

It had been a few days since I had gotten back from my stay with my aunt. I stretched my arms out into the air, yawning and arching my back after I had just woken up. I slouched once more, looking out my window to see the blue birds that had visited my window often chirping a beautiful song. I closed my eyes and sighed, the feeling of bliss washed over me. I got out of bed, making myself a cup of coffee.
   While waiting for the coffee to cool down, I walked into my closet, getting dressed and preparing myself for the loads of homework in my bag that needed to be done before tomorrow. I still hadn't taken out my French Braids to my surprise. Admiring the beautiful work that my aunt did with my boring, plain hair in the mirror. I soon turned my attention to my coffee. Taking the cup into my hands, I gently took a sip, turning on my tv that sat in the middle of a giant bookcase.
   I went to the cartoons, watching Tom and Jerry until all of the episodes that were to be aired were watched. I turned my chair around, shutting off the tv. I immediately got to work on my studies, drinking my coffee in peace. I couldn't help but open my blinds and window, daydreaming away in the process. I propped up my chin with the palms of my hands, letting the sun shine on my not-so-flawless face.

Today is so beautiful. I almost never had a day to myself. A day where it was actually quiet for once. I hope it stays this way tod-

   My thinking was automatically stopped by somebody entering my dorm.

   "BESTIEEEEEEEE!!" I heard Adi screech energetically, squeezing me tightly.

   "You're gonna make my coffee spill! Take a chill pill, sis!" I joked.

   "Nice to see that you're back, Nao!" Shinsou poked his head from behind Adi.

   "Hey, Shinsou! As you can see, this is how we greet each other every. Single. Time. We think. That we can have some quiet time."

   "Yes, we see that very well," Katsuki said from the doorway.

   "Nice to see you too, Katsuki!" I scolded him in a joking manner.

   "Yeah, yeah," Katsuki muttered.

   I soon went and hugged every single one of my friends. First Adi, duh, then Katsuki, and finally, Shinsou. We all just hung out the entire day basically. We all had coffee, did our homework, lied around in my dorm, and we even hung out in the school lounge. I was talking with Katsuki when my joke was suddenly intercepted by the TV blaring.
   I glanced at the TV, not thinking much about it until I was interrupted a second time, this time by Adi calling my name.

   "Hey, um, Nao? Why are you on TV? And why does it say you're wanted?"

   And sure enough, when I turned my head to glare at the TV, my face, name, quirk, and even what school I go to was premiering live on TV.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BREAKING NEWS: WANTED ESCAPEE'S IDENTITY CONFIRMED AFTER YEARS OF INVESTIGATION!

NAME: NAOKO KASUMI

AGE: 16

SCHOOL ATTENDING: UA HIGH

QUIRK: MULTIPLE QUIRKS INVOLVING SUPERNATURAL ACTIVITY

OCCUPATION: GRIM REAPER, POPULAR VIGILANTE KNOWN AS 'THE DARK DREAMER'

THERE IS A HEFTY BOUNTY ON THIS FEMALE. THE BOUNTY IS 25 BILLION YEN. SHE IS WANTED ALIVE. IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANY SORT OF INFORMATION ABOUT THIS GIRL, CONTACT THE POLICE, PRO-HERO's, OR THE ST. WILLIAMS MENTAL ASYLUM.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

   Just then I had heard a loud buzzing noise ring in my ear.

The Meaning Behind Her Scythe (BNHA OC x Hawks)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें