Chapter 11: Sweet 16 (Part 2)

• Hawk's P.O.V. •

   I continued to stroll to the rooftop with Naoko fast asleep in my arms. Her face was glued close to my chest. Not wanting to let up and separate. Finally returning to the rooftop where everyone was waiting, I lightly placed Naoko's feet on the floor, holding her in place so that she wouldn't fall.

   "Naoko. Naoko, wake up," I whispered in her ear.

   "K-Keigo?" Naoko groaned as she rubbed her eye and regained balance once more.

- Naoko's POV -

   "K-Keigo?"

   "Yes, Angel?"

   "Why are we on the rooftop?" I asked groggily, I saw Keigo's shadow against a glowing light behind me.

   "For a special surprise, close your eyes," Keigo said with a hint of excitement in his voice.

   "Okay," I replied as Keigo turned me around to face the opposite direction.

   "Okay, open your eyes!" Keigo exclaimed delightedly.

My eyes fluttered open. Right in front of me I saw all of my friends, who I considered to be my family, standing there, smiling like Cheshire cats.

   "You guys did all of this for me?" I looked around me slowly in awe as I devoured the golden, glowing lights, the decorations, the cake, the late evening sun that illuminated my eyes, making my black eye turn a subtle dark grey, and my violet eye turn an unnatural shade of lavender in the retiring suns presence.

   "Yup! After everything that you've been through you deserve it," Adi said as she strolled over to me, softly grabbing my shoulders and pulling me into a tight hug.

   "Thank you. Thank you all!" I sniffled as everyone leaped over to me and showered me in hugs.

   "Now c'mon, let's go have some fun and enjoy this moment!" Ochaco squeaked with excitement.

   "Yeah, let's go celebrate!" Mina squealed.

   "We hope you like the cake, we hand-made it and the decorations!" Deku politely, yet excitedly added.

   My arms were being grabbed and dragged to the neat table where they had set the cake. Standing in front of the cake, I examined the beautiful detail that everybody pitched in on. It was nighttime by the time that I was lead to the cake. The cake was a strawberry and vanilla cream, two-tier cake. In violet letters it wrote: Happy Birthday Naoko!
   There were fondant decorations that were in the form of a pair of very detailed, wings, halo and a black and violet scythe facing me. The candles were black, white and violet swirl pattered that read:

'Happy Sweet 16!'

The night sky just added to the mystical effect of my joy.

   "I can't believe you all did this for me," I sniveled as I started to tear up and cry.

   Everybody did this all for me, on short notice and on such bad terms. They did all of this for me. I didn't deserve this.

   "Of course we did! You didn't expect us to forget did you? Or did you expect us to throw a cupcake at your face with a candle and say: 'Happy Birthday, douchebag!'

   "Hmm? Never!!" Adi exclaimed.

   "Happy Birthday to you~," Hawks started to sing.

   "Happy Birthday to you~," The others started joining in.

   "Happy Birthday to Nao-," The sounds of my friends singing happy birthday faded as I turned to face everybody in a circle around me, clapping and singing.