Chapter 13: What Am I Thinking?

It's been a few days since the soda encounter, and things haven't gotten any better lately. Every test I've taken has been graded a low score (I've studied and I double and triple checked to make sure they were all right and they were. The teacher is giving me a hard time lately). Every day in class, my fellow classmates get more and more creative with the torture that they put me through. Every paper that's been assigned has gone missing from my bag or from the teacher's desk. Everybody that's not in my friend group finds ways to hurt me, bully me, criticize me..everyday...I'm through with it.

I need a plan to stop this...I thought as I was on a leisurely walk just before school.

What if everything that they say is true? What if I'm just...useless? No..I'm being too hard on myself, I didn't do anything wrong...right?

Ya know, maybe you should just drop out. Don't put up with their b.s..

Don't listen to her. Keep on fighting, Naoko. It'll all be worth it in the end. Trust me.

"How am I supposed to trust any of you? All the voices in my head lead me to the wrong decisions every single time I was in a situation like this. Remember 6th grade? Yeah, the stupid voices in my head told me to do what I did and I chose to trust them because I was young and naïve! I'll never trust any of you again. Not after that...what if I hurt someone again..?" I scolded myself, plunging my now clenched up hands into my pockets.

Well, we wouldn't wanna end up in another facility again. The food tasted like sh-

"sIr...DiS bE a ChRiStIaN mInEcRaFt SeRvEr If Ya DoN't MiNd!!" I cut off my bad sides voice in an attempt to silence her.

Did you just call me sir...in 2020?

Indeed I did! What are you gonna do about it? That's what I thought!

...Well at least they finally shut up now!...ugh...I dragged my fingernails into my long, white hair as I groaned from frustration. I closed my eyes, scraping my scalp as I massaged my aching head.

"When is it ever going to stop?" I questioned, looking up at the sky.

The sun was peeking out behind the crown of mountains that had been laid out on the outskirts of the big Japanese city. The sunlight was spread across my face and body as I stood in silence. The cherry blossom trees were swaying in the wind. The trees were hanging over me, giving me and the sidewalk shade. Looking to my left I could distinctly see my shadow at an angle, mimicking my every move.

The leftover blossoms that had fallen on the smooth, flat surface of the sidewalk were now being picked up and carried through the beautiful, clear sky. The sky was tainted a fiery, sunset orange, fading into a soft pink, into a light shade of purple, finally shifting to a baby blue. When I opened my eyes, I didn't even flinch. I was so used to the sun in my face from all the times I would climb onto the roof of my house and stay there all night until sunrise. The sun made my violet eye shift from a crystallized violet, to a soft tone of lavender.

The pattern of my eyes were now glowing from the bright light of the sun. My beautiful white, galaxy opal eye was now impeccably as white as snow. My pale skin was shimmering from the sunlight. My waist-length, white hair was glimmering and flowing in the wind. Closing my eyes, I wanted to enjoy this moment before I had to go to class and endure another day in Hell once more.

"Excuse me? Are you Miss Kasumi?" A boy about my age asked me. His voice sounded low and tired, I didn't recognize it.

"Indeed I am. What is it you need?" I questioned, my eyes still closed with my hands resting behind my head.