Chapter Twenty-Three: Foxy's Anguish

3rd Pov

As the two night guards, and the stage animatronics, sat in the office, Foxy sat in his cove.

Suffer...rage...fear...

I...I can't—there's so much going on. Why is he back?

He's back to get his revenge...

N...no, please! I didn't mean to! I never meant to—

You did this to him, you made him feel useless to his family and friends. How does that feel? To be the one to blame for him attempting to commit?

Wh...what? He tried that? It wasn't my fault! It was faulty! My code wasn't right—it wasn't my fault!

It was your fault.

An argument with himself was all that could happen. His eyes shifting from amber to black. He was going crazy. Seeing this guy made him remember his past. He hurt his friend.

Why didn't he remember him yesterday? Did he not recognize him? Or did he just not want to remember?

"Foxy! Come on out! You've been in there for almost the whole night!" Chica's voice was prominent in Foxy's ear as he heard her from the room. Foxy's mechanical body fidgets and spazzes out.

I don't...

"Foxy!"

I'm not...

"Foxy!"

"I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK." He screams as his eyes frantically switch colors and his brain raced of images. His feet moved against the floor and his hands coddled his head. His eyes were wide and stressed and he bares his teeth out of...fear?...anger? You couldn't tell.

Footsteps quickly walked over to the cove—it was only one pair. The curtain slightly opened, letting the stage light draft in; Foxy's eyes darted over to the person who infiltrated his bubble—it was Chica. Foxy's eyes were watery as he looked at Chica's face, she was so scared for him.

"I don't want t' go back out there, Chica. I'm—I'm going t' hurt him again..." Chica walks over to Foxy and hugs him. "You're going to be okay, Foxy." Her hug gave him comfort and warmth. Foxy closed his eyes only to see hell.

Parents were taking their children by the arm and ushering them out. Kids were screaming at the scene before them, the animatronics on stage were horrified as they saw everything. Blood flowed out of his mouth; off his scary, big, sharp, red stained teeth. The body of a child hung from the foxes mouth by its head, limp and leaking blood. The foxes eyes were black—evil.

He abruptly opened his eyes, his fingers scratched at Chica's back. "Ow! Foxy! Calm down, you're hurting me!" Foxy stops scratching and looked at her deep in her eyes. He was in tears, so distraught over his own imagination. Over reality.

Over his mistake.