Introduction - Cake Shop

Shin Y/n's POV
I'm 6 months in my pregnancy now. It's been a tough ride, but EXO have helped me along the way. Especially Kai, Suho and Baek. Haha, they're so funny, and they assist me in whatever I do, it's very cute.

Chanyeol and I aren't really on speaking terms anymore, sometimes I just can't bear to look at him. To think that he left me and his child for his reputation.

The news about Chanyeol and I have dimmed down, thank God. I was really ridiculed because I'm pregnant with Chanyeol's baby. I still get threats, but not as bad as before. At one point, I even tried to take away my life. But, he saved me from doing so. Because that would mean taking my baby's life away too.

I relax on Serenity's new couch, as I notice her walking towards me with crossed arms.

"Yah! Why are you on my new couch~?!" She moans, as I wink at her.

"Let me off, will ya?" I say, as I point to my belly bump.

She sighs deeply, shaking her head.
"Aish, Bora eonni has really rubbed off of you, ay? You've got her Gyeonggi dialect."

"Yeah, I guess. I do spend a lot of time with her recently." I reply, as Serenity grabs her bag and hangs it on her shoulder.

"I gotta leave now. Baekhyun is coming here anyway." She says, as my eyebrows furrow.

"But I thought they were preparing for their upcoming album, 'OVERDOSE'."

"That's what I thought, but then he texted me this morning, telling me to tell you this. Anyway, gotta go, bye eonni."
She kisses me goodbye, then quickly rushes out of the house.

I sigh deeply. I'm alone again. Well, Baekhyun is coming soon...! And you know, it was actually Baekhyun that stopped me from taking my life. He saved me. And my child. I owe him something...I just don't know what to give him. He said he likes cake. Maybe I'll buy him one.

I carefully push myself off the couch, as I struggle to keep my balance. I then reach for my coat on a hanger, slightly tugging it off. After, I pull it on and get ready to go out to the cake shop. It's just around the corner anyway, so it's fine.

*
I walk towards the cake shop, when suddenly I see Baekhyun in it. I freeze, quickly looking for somewhere to hide. So, I rush to a bush and decide to watch him from a distance. Aish, are you kidding me?! Why has he gone in there? Now I'm gonna have to hurry and buy a cake so I can get back in time...

I tiptoe a bit closer to him...and stop outside the shop. I look through the glass door, slightly hearing him speak.

"I want the perfect cake. Yeah!" Baekhyun says, as I press my ear against the transparent glass.

"For who?" The patissier asks.

"For...my girlfriend. She's pregnant and she likes to pig out a lot, you see. She loves melon so much...ah...could you make a melon cake for her?" He answers, as my mouth opens wide in shock.

He has a girlfriend?! A pregnant girlfriend at that? And she likes melon like me...wah. I wanna meet her. We probably have similar interests! :3

I see him bow to the patissier, as he begins to walk towards me.

"Y/n...?!"
Suddenly, I stop in my tracks...noticing that he's already here?!
"Yah! What the hell are you doing here, get back inside the house." He scolds, as he attempts to drag me away.

"Wait, Baekhyun. I need to pick up a cake for Serenity. She wanted me to-"

"Then I'll just do it for you!! Go back to the house, Y/n."

"NO!" I yell, as he shrinks back in shock.

He sighs deeply, as he looks me in my eyes and places his soft hands on my shoulders.

"Okay. But, promise me you'll be at the house within five minutes." He says, as he holds out his pinky finger.

"I promise." I reply, as I wrap my pinky tight around his.

I rush in the shop and out, before I quickly run back to the house.

I catch my breath on the porch, as Baekhyun shakes his head.

"You just made it. 4 minutes and 59 seconds." He says, smirking mischievously.

"You're crazy, Baek." I reply, as I ruffle his hair. He opens the door for me, as I tiredly limp towards the sofa.

"Woah, woah, woah. Wait. I'll carry you." He says, as he quickly grabs hold of my thighs and slowly lifts me up. He carefully releases me onto the sofa, as I let out a deep sigh.

"Thanks. I was getting tired." I express my thanks to Baekhyun, as he shakes his head.

"No, Y/n. I had to." He replies, as I blush, flattered.

"Um..." We both mumble, as we look in each other's eyes.

"I have a surprise for you." We say together, as we both jump back in shock.

"Wait, how did you...?" Baekhyun asks, as I shyly look down at the carpet.

"Um...you go first, Baek." I reply, as he nods.

"Open it." He demands, as he places a familiar-looking bag onto the coffee table. Wait...isn't this...the cake shop bag?! But I thought he was gonna give it to his girl...friend...?

My hands slowly reach for the bag, as I grab the box of cake out of it and place it on the table. My eyes light up, as I set my sights upon the most beautiful cake I have ever seen.

 My eyes light up, as I set my sights upon the most beautiful cake I have ever seen

"Oh, Baekhyun, it's heavenly!" I exclaim, as he smiles brightly.

"Ehehe~."

"Thank you so much, let's eat it together!!!" I shout excitedly, as Baekhyun's little dimple starts to show.

"I'm really happy you like it, Y/n."

"But first," I add. "I need to know if I'm the pregnant girlfriend you were talking about in the cake shop."