Chapter 13 - Harumi

3 weeks later...

Shin Y/n's POV
My eyes open to see a sleepy Baekhyun next to me.

"You...okay?" He asks, while yawning.

"I'm okay~. How's Harumi?" I ask, as he smiles.

"She's okay!! In fact, she's coming out of the NICU today!" He excitedly exclaims, before rising from his seat and running around in circles.

"I can't believe it..."
I gasp in disbelief, as tears emerge from my eyes.

"Shall we retrieve our daughter?" He suggests, as I certainly nod.
We both rush towards her incubator to see her calmly lying there, her eyes wide open.

"Hello, Harumi!! Hi~!!" I joyfully greet her, as I wave, her big eyes following my every move.

After a few minutes of Baekhyun and I waving at her, she bursts into tears, causing us to jump.

"Oh~ what's wrong, baby Harumi~?"
The nurse quickly enters the room and opens the incubator's little door.
She then carefully picks up Harumi and gives her to me. "Just keep her company, okay?" The nurse suggests, before rushing back out the room.

I look at Baekhyun, and then look at Harumi.

My beautiful Harumi.
Conceiving her was a blessing, even if there was a few hardships.

For one, she's two months premature, she cannot hear, but that does not matter to me one bit.
She is a true miracle. I can't even believe she's alive at this moment...!

*
We thank the hospital staff for all their hard work, since we deeply appreciate it. Thanks to them, baby Harumi is still breathing.

Baekhyun and I walk towards the house with Harumi in my arms.

"How are we gonna say she's deaf, Baek?" I ask, as he halts and takes a deep breath.

"It'll be fine. The subject about how she doesn't respond well will come up, and then we can say it, honey. And...it doesn't matter anyway. Harumi is happy in your arms, even if she is abnormally small, as small as an iPad." He adds, as I chuckle a little.

"True...thanks Baekkie." I thank him, as he softly kisses my cheek.

"No problem baby."

After a while, we reach the house, as Baekhyun unlocks the door for me.
I slowly enter the living room to see Jang-Mi, Jungkook and Chanyeol sitting on the couch. I smile deeply, as I run to them and hug them all, one by one.

"Eomma!!" Jang-Mi calls out, before kissing my cheeks.

"Hey Jang, are you okay?" I ask, as she certainly nods.

"Yeah!! Hmm...where's my little sister?"

"Ah, Baekhyun samcheon will bring her in...!" I reply, before turning around to see Baekhyun holding Harumi.

"Here she is, Mimi~" Baekhyun says, before kneeling down so that Jang-Mi can see her baby sister.

"Ooooh...she's so small!! What's her name?" She asks, as I smile.

"Harumi."

"Wahh...annyeong, baby Harumi!! This eonni will spoil you lots, okay?" Jang-Mi greets her, as I chuckle.

When all of a sudden, I think to myself, 'how am I gonna tell them that she's deaf?'

"Um...I-I actually have something to say." I hesitate, before feeling Baekhyun's arms wrap around my waist and his head lie on my shoulder.

"Just say it. Don't be afraid."
He whispers in my ear, as I blush and slightly nod my head.

"Harumi...she can't hear." I say, as Jungkook and Chanyeol's eyes widen.

"Jinjja{really}?" They both exclaim, as I nod.

"Wah...what are you gonna do? Are you gonna have to learn sign language and then teach her it?" Chanyeol asks, as I think to myself.

"Yeah... but don't worry. To Baek and I, she will always be like anyone else.
No matter what disabilities she has."