Chapter 6 - Dressed Up?!

Shin Y/n's POV
"Eomma, I'm tired~...can we go home now?" Jang-Mi whines, as I smile and nod my head.

"Of course!!" I reply, chuckling. I happily piggyback her back to my house.

I unlock the door and open it to find no one home. Ah, thank goodness. I'd rather just be alone right now.

I let Jang-Mi plop herself onto the couch, as I put SHINee on the TV for her. I laugh as I see her dancing to 'Ring Ding Dong'.

When suddenly, the door bell rings.
So, I quickly rush towards the door, before taking off the latch and opening it.

"Hi~!"
I suddenly see Kai on my porch and I begin to smile.

"Kai! Why didn't you tell me you were coming over?! I would've tidied up..." I pout, as he just laughs.

"Noona~!! Don't worry about that!! Can I come in?" He questions, as I eagerly nod my head in reply.

"Of course, of course!!" I insist, allowing him to go through first.

"Oh, annyeong{hello}~!!"
I hear Kai greeting Jang-Mi, so I quickly rush to the living room.

"Oh, eomma...who's that?" She asks, pointing at Kai.

"Jang-Mi, it's rude to point! And it's just another of my friends!" I raise my voice, as she shrinks back in fear.

"Okay..." She whispers, as I notice tears emerging from her eyes. I quickly pull her into my embrace and stroke her long dark brown hair.

"Aish, I'm sorry eomma made you upset...I'm super sorry, baby." I apologise, as she nods her head. She pulls away from me to wipe her snot away with her sleeve. "Jang-Mi...can eomma talk to her friend quickly?" I ask, as she replies with a 'yeah...'.

So, I grab Kai's wrist and drag him into the kitchen.

"Eomma? Seriously?" He questions, as I shush him and quickly explain. "Hmm...jinjja{really}? That's crazy. But, why didn't you ever visit her at the foster home she was staying in?"

"Because I was too depressed. That was one of the hardest moments of my life, Kai. I gave her away. Every time I think about it I just want to cry. And that's why I feel so blessed to have her in my life again. It's crazy to think she's really my child. But she looks similar to me...right?" I inquire, as Kai nods his head in agreement.

"Yeah. She's got the same green eyes as you." He says, as I blush and hide my face.

"Really? Ah, gomawoyo{thank you}~!" I reply, smiling brightly. "Oh, can I ask you something?"

"Yep!!"

"I wanna try on three dresses that I bought online and I want you to judge them. Is that alright?" I ask, as he eagerly nods. "Great, wait there!" I add, before rushing to the bathroom to change.

Kai's POV
She cutely runs up to me, as my eyes grow, seeing her in this alluring white dress.

Kai's POVShe cutely runs up to me, as my eyes grow, seeing her in this alluring white dress

"What do you think?" She shyly asks, as I nervously clear my throat.

"Hmm...it's pretty. But, why do you want me to see you model these dresses anyway?"

"Because I'm going out for dinner with Jungkook today." She answers, as my blood begins to boil.

"With that punk? Seriously? He made you give up your child for God's sake-"

"Yah! He's changed now. I have to forgive him someday, Kai. Anyways, do you think this would look good for the dinner?" She asks, as I shake my head.

"Hmm...ani{no}. It needs to look more...classy. Show me the next one." I answer, as she nods her head in reply.

Next, she comes out in a pink, frilly, bodycon dress. Which causes my heart to accelerate.

"It's nice, but it doesn't exactly suit the dinner concept you're going for, right?" I question, as she agrees

"Hmm...it's true. Wait for the last one then!" She adds, before rushing back into the bathroom.

She then comes out in a long, stunning, navy dress. With a mischievous slit that showcases her leg.

My eyes widen in awe, as I see her in this outstanding gown

"Wah. This is perfect." I compliment, as a big grin appears on her face.

"Jinjja{really}?" She asks, as I eagerly nod my head.

"Jinjja~!!!" I yell, as she squeals with delight.

"Ahhh~!!! Thank you so so much, Kai. I'm going to have to repay you..." She thankfully says, as my ears perk up in curiosity.

"Ah, with what?"

"You can come along with Suho and I to Jungkook's house!!! Wait, you go back to your house and get a suit. I'll make my own way to Jungkook's house, don't worry. I need to dress Jang-Mi anyway. Okay, shoo, shoo!!!" She shrieks, shooing and pushing me out the door. "Annyeong{bye}~!" She bids me goodbye, before slamming the door behind her.

A smile appears on my face, as I suddenly realise I'll be able to spend time with Y/n after such a long time...! Wahhhh...this is so great!!