Chapter 4 - I'm Sorry...

Shin Y/n's POV
Jungkook walks up to me, as painful tears erupt from my eyes.
He softly grips my hand, before placing it on his chest.

"Can you feel it? This is my everlasting love for you. I left you for you. I did it so that you could heal. And then I would find you. I would find you and make you mine again." He says, starting to choke up. "I have a surprise for you, baby."

He slowly brings out a little girl from behind him, which causes my eyes to widen in shock, straightaway noticing who it is.

"Her name is Jeon Jang-Mi," He explains, as my lips tremble with guilt. "I adopted her. Don't you think she's cute?"

I nod my head in reply, as tears rapidly escape from my eyes. My baby girl...

"Appa{dad}? Who is that woman?" She asks Jungkook, as he warmly smiles at her.

"Well...it's a bit difficult to explain, Yeppun{pretty}, but she's your eomma{mum}." He answers, as her frown turns upside down.

"Really?! I have a mum?!" She excitedly shrieks, joyfully jumping up and down.

"Really. Go say hi, Yeppun." He orders, as he pushes her a little bit more forward.

"H-Hello...it's nice to meet you. My name is Jeon Jang-Mi, and I am 5 years old." She anxiously introduces herself, looking down at the floor.

I look into her little eyes, as she hesitantly looks at me too. It must be difficult for her. I would be nervous too. I need to put myself in her shoes.

"I'm sorry, Jang-Mi. You must feel angry and upset that eomma didn't come sooner, right?" I ask, as she slowly yet surely nods her head in reply. "You don't know me and you don't know how to show affection to me, right?" Once again, she nods.
I notice Jungkook smiling at me. He must be happy to see me with her like this. "Ok...I'll arrange dinner with you guys...oh, by the way, can I invite some of my friends?" I ask, as they both nod in sync.

"Sure, Y/n. Well, we'll have to get going now...come on, Yeppun." He says, holding out his hand before her, yet she tightly grips onto my coat and shakes her head.

"I...I want to bond with eomma." She stutters, as Jungkook breaks out into a joyful smile.

"Great! Um...I can drop you to wherever you're going." He happily replies, as my eyes grow big in surprise.

"No, no, haha, you don't have to, Jungkook." I refuse, but he only insists more. I sigh deeply. "Alright, then. Come on, Jang-Mi." I command, as she nods. She grips onto my coat throughout the whole journey. And to be honest, it feels nice. I thought I'd never be able to see her again. That she'd have a better family and forget that we were even her family for one minute. Even though it didn't seem like a lot, to me, it was everything. And now, I'm finally back with my baby girl. I'm so happy, but now I don't know. I don't know if I have feelings for Jungkook or Baekhyun...? I'm not sure.

I lift Jang-Mi out of the car, deciding to carry her in my arms.

"Thank you so much for this, Jungkook. I'll have to see you later." I exclaim with gratitude, as he replies with, 'it's not a problem'. So, we both say 'bye!' and part ways.

I go to look under the mat for my keys, yet they're not there. How is that even possible?! I always leave my keys under the mat.

"SURPRISE~~!!!!" Baekhyun shouts at the top of his lungs, but suddenly stops, seeing the little girl before him. "Um...who's this?" He asks, as I laugh nervously.

"It's...a long story. I'll tell you when I come inside." I reply, as he stares at Jang-Mi in disbelief.