Chapter 9 - Kai 카이

Kai's POV
"Kaiiii!!!! KAIIIIII!!!!!" Deafening screams enter my ears, as I quickly rise and look around.

When all of a sudden, I hear mischievous chuckling.

"Hahahah...Kai you should've seen yourself!!" Jang-Mi says, laughing like it's funny. I just roll my eyes and pick her up.

"You wanna go downstairs and get breakfast? Where's eomma?" I ask, as she thinks to herself, before replying,

"Eomma is in the living room with Baekhyun." She tells me, as I try my hardest to hide the envy on my face.

"Ah, okay. Shall we go down there and check on them anyway?" I ask, as she eagerly nods.

"Yeah!! Let's ruin their fun!!!"

"Okay. Follow Kai Samcheon{uncle Kai}." I order, as she grabs hold of my hand and walks with me. We step down the stairs and make it into the kitchen to see...Baekhyun and Y/n together. Causing my heart to break into pieces.
I quickly cover Jang-Mi's eyes and tell her to go upstairs. She pouts and moans, yet she does what she's told.

"Yah. You have a daughter and a baby that's not Baekhyun's and you're being reckless like this? You make me sick." I scold her, as she stares at me coldly.

"Kai...it doesn't matter that it's not his. I love him..."

"But think about Jang-Mi!! Does she like Baekhyun?! It matters about what she thinks, doesn't it?! She's more important than you, since she is the little and inexperienced one." I explain, as she looks down at the floor in defeat.

"I...I-"

"Don't listen to him, Y/n. Do what you want to do." Baekhyun says, as I scoff.

"No...Kai's right. First, Jang-Mi needs to get to know you. I was considering dating Jungkook, but he himself told me to follow my heart. So, I will...until Jang-Mi likes you as I do, Baekhyun." She explains, as I nod my head in approval.

"I'll set a date for when you, Jang-Mi and I can go out together." She says to Baekhyun.

"Okay." He replies, before kissing her forehead. "I'm gonna leave. I just need some fresh air."

Why would he leave?!
Does he want Y/n and I to have a talk?! Aish, I feel so awkward...
I freeze up, shyly gripping my shirt.

"I-"

"Thank you, Kai."

"F-for what?" I stutter, as she slowly walks up to me and caresses my cheek, causing me to blush.

"For helping me notice my priorities. You're right...Jang-Mi should be more important to me than anyone else. I guess there's just a lot going on..." Her words drift off, as I empathetically sigh.

"Hey. You want me to help look after Jang-Mi?" I offer, as her eyes instantly light up with joy.

"Really? You'd do that??"

"Of course."

"Oh my god Kai, thank you so much!!!" She squeals, as she joyfully leaps into my arms.

"Haha, it's okay." I laugh, enjoying the moment. I wish we could always stay like this.

I endlessly stare at her jade green eyes, lost in them. She tries to avoid my gaze, yet she just can't help but look at me. My lips slowly draw closer to hers, before she shakes her head and orders me to put her down. So, I do as she says.

She clears her throat before saying,
"I um...have a hospital appointment. See you."
She quickly rushes out of the house.

Aish...why can't she be mine? Why is it always Baekhyun? Don't worry. I'll win her over again.