Chapter Twenty-One| Jamie

I shake the charm bracelet on my wrist and squeal as I plop on my bed. Lucas gave me a present, and my stomach is doing flips. I thought my crush on him would go away by now, but this only amplified it. Why does he have to be so kind and good looking? My guy friends at home were either ugly, rude, or grossed me out in some way, so I never liked them.

Lucas's and I friendship is now four months long, and I don't think I'm going magically get over him anytime soon, especially when he's giving me expensive and considerate gifts. I had my eyes on this charm bracelet for nearly two months, and he remembered.

Kiera left this morning for a convention held this weekend. She'll be back Sunday evening, so I have time to throw a party for the boys and clean up the house before Kiera returns. Sophie is coming over any minute to help with the party. Good thing Kiera went shopping before she left, I don't have to worry about food. However, alcohol is a different story. I'm the youngest in the group, so I still can't purchase alcohol legally here, but Cameron offers to help with that. He's coming early to set up his Dj booth. He DJs for schools dances around the town.

I hide away all the breakable items and lock all the bedrooms. I've made that mistake too many times back at home. My parents bust me every time because a stranger left or broke something in their room when I threw a party.

"The snacks are ready," Sophie mutters, crunching on a cheese puff. I noticed Cameron putting down cases of beer by the door. Sophie must've let him in. I take the alcohol to the kitchen and point to an empty stop in the room to set up.

"You sure you want to Dj, Cam? I thought you'd want to spend your time drinking and having fun."

"Yeah, I enjoy it, actually. Plus, regionals are soon, so I'm not drinking for a while." Good for him wanting to control himself and be he at his best.

An hour later, strangers fill the entire house. I told the guys to invite anyone they want, but it seems like the whole school is here. At least our class anyway. I spent most of my time with Lucas or Sophie but I've seen to lose both of them in the crowd of people. I push through a couple of girls gossiping with a strong stench of tequila.

Stumbling by the front door, I bump into someone. I turn to apologize but stop when I realize it's Victoria. My stomach churns.

Why is she here?

"Leave! Now!" I yell over the music. She rolls her eyes and walks past me. Grabbing a chunk of her thin brown hair, I pull her back.

"Ow! You fucking bitch!"

"Lucas doesn't want to see you, so leave before I kick your ass again."

Victoria smirks before bursting out in a laugh.

"Who do you think invited me. I wouldn't have come to this lame party otherwise."

"You're lying."

"Then what is this." She pulls out her phone, revealing a text message from Lucas.

Hey, Vic, we should talk? Come to Jamie's party tonight.

Victoria disappears into the crowd while I stood there, still shocked.

What? Why would Luke invite her? What do they need to discuss? The other day Lucas said he told her to leave him alone, why the sudden change?